So… after reading Titaniums post:
… and after reading a lot of comments in there, I get the feeling that people just dont want Valk for the ult. People seem to want Mass Res as the ult.
However, the devs don’t seem to want to give Mass Res back. Personally I think that Res 100% NEEDS TO BE TIED TO ULT. Now… I have already suggested putting Res behind Valk in this thread:
But… people don’t seem to like that either. I also happen to think that the idea of Pacify (although it sounds good) shouldn’t be created for Mercy when we already have everything we need, we just need to balance it.
I think Overwatch needs more Supports and I hate giving new abilities that the game could use on other new heroes to Mercy just because she has been a balance nightmare.
IMO, Mercy has everything she needs to be a balanced hero, we just have to find a way to do that.
There was a cool idea in Titaniums post that started to make me think maybe we can have a version of Mass Res back, that isn’t exactly a Revert either.
Now… I know this isn’t an entirely new concept but… here we go again:
Mercy - Version #: I lost count
- I think the 50HPS should stay instead of 60HPS. I am still healing 40%-48% of teams damage as a solo healing Mercy since 50HPS went live. 50HPS is totally fine guys. Chill.
- Increase projectile speed to 45 (up from 40)
New Ability: Valkyrie (formerly Resurrect)
Valkyrie upgrades Mercy’s suit and weapons
- Cooldown: 15 seconds (cooldown starts after Valk ends)
- Duration: 6 seconds
Effects of activating Valkyrie:
- Grants the ability to fly
- Beam Range: increased to 23 meters (nerfed from live)
- Healing: increased to 83 HPS (buffed from live)
- Blaster Ammo: increased to 40
- Guardian Angel Range: increased to 60 meters
Note: Valkyrie no longer grants AoE healing. Single target beams only and Valkyrie no longer changes self-regen
- Ult line: Heroes Never Die! (ult line activates at the start of Res cast time)
- Single target Res
- Cast time : 1.65 seconds (down from 1.75)
- Range: 6.5 meters (up from 5)
- Move. Speed: Reduced by 45% (down from 75%)
- Once the cast is complete and target is resurrected, Mercy instantly applies a map wide heal to all living allies, including herself, to max HP regardless of LoS
Ult cost would be about the same as it is on live
Note: Res does not grant invulnerability to Mercy
I think this is a very fair way to “rework” and “revert” Mercy so she can still have a lesser version of “Mass Res”. The difference here is that you want to “Mass Res” before everyone dies, potentially saving everyones life in the middle of a fight.