Guys i've finally reached masters

Guys I’ve finally reached masters on tank after 5 seasons of playing this game.

I began playing this game late szn 25 and I’ve accomplished my main goal in mid szn 31 :slight_smile:
If you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them!

This is honestly just a reminder to people that think that the ranking system is the reason they’re not climbing, because I think the reason people here on the forums are believing that there is for example: a forced loss streak, is to shift the blame from their own mistakes to their teammates. People are too stubborn to realize that they actually deserve the rank they are in and will only climb if they improve on their mistakes. (This is just my opinion)

Also, here are my sr ratings on every season. Enjoy!

Szn 25:
Tank season high: 2341
DPS season high: 2124
Support season high: 1989

Szn 26:
Tank season high: 2846
DPS season high: 2616
Support season high: 2961

Szn 27:
Tank season high: 3122
DPS season high: 2773
Support season high: 2809

Szn 28:
Tank season high: 3334 (dropped all the way back to 2900 lol)
DPS season high: 3200
Support season high: 2650

Szn 29:
Tank season high: 3118
DPS season high: 3138
Support season high: 2804

Szn 30:
Tank season high: 3189
DPS season high: 3444 (Dropped all the way back to 3073 lol)
Support season high: 3075

Szn 31:
Tank season high: 3506 :grin:
DPS season high: 3307
Support season high: 3251

I honestly think I can hit masters on DPS and support this season as well.

16 Likes

Not bad well done on reaching

Just remember it’s Master not Masters!

I got to Master as well but I can also recognise that the game is still rigged even if some people can climb it doesn’t mean the game isn’t algorithmically handicapped which it is

The game is made to keep you engaged and playing and it does that by artificially lengthening the amount of time it takes to climb if it perceives that this create greater engagement

6 Likes

it is meant to keep you playing but what is artificial about it?

1 Like

Here is a great thread that explains:

1 Like

congratz :grin:

based on your past rankings, i agree you should absolutely be able to get dps to the next rank quickly, and very likely support after

3 Likes

Congratulations! You’ve made it to the big leagues!

Here’s to you continuing to improve and rank up! :beers::partying_face::tada:

2 Likes

Is this the Cuthbert thread where he can’t reach his partner’s rank to be able to group?

2 Likes

Seems to me like you’re apparently just naturally gifted at overwatch or it’s your second account. Either that or you play a huge amount of time per day because i don’t think the average person makes that kind of progress.

3 Likes

Congrats OP :partying_face:

3 Likes

You’re saying that in a year someone can’t improve their rank from gold to master?

Be happy for them on their achievement instead of a stick in the mud.

5 Likes

Weird takeaway from that post. I took it as a compliment for being more naturally talented than most players who will never reach master in their lifetime.

What set it from a compliment to an insult, for me, was the insinuation that it might have been a “second account”. It sets doubt for the accomplishment and lessens the value of the effort that OP might have put in. Getting to masters for most people isn’t that easy of a task while taking over a year to slowly build up on every role.

If they hadn’t insinuated that it was an alt then nothing would really be amiss especially considering that the OP said: “I began playing this game late szn 25”.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Gratz! That’s an impressive accomplishment in just 5 seasons. Keep it up!

1 Like

The effort the Op put in? lol. Like ranking up in a video game means something.

This is really all that needs to be said.

But good job on doing something with your life, that means nothing, OP.

1 Like

Not sure why you feel the need to invalidate the accomplishments of other people. Says a lot about what kind of person you are.

8 Likes

Congrats, I’m aiming to reach the same rank so I’m inspired.

A forum user with 800 something posts is on the competitive discussion trying to convince us he doesn’t care about video games. Like come on buddy we can smell the envy.

3 Likes

i give you a genuine congrats. tired of these baboons coming on this forum claiming to have reached a high rank or are in a high rank without having a public profile

1 Like

They be salty and trolling. :rofl:

3 Likes

My guess is because he found OP’s statements obnoxious and self-congratulatory, while simultaneously putting down other players as well as looking to invalidate their legitimate gripes about the game. I can understand how someone would find it odious.

And maybe the respondent just honestly feels like ranking up is insignificant and ultimately unimportant (which it arguably is), and certainly to the extent that one would take time to publicly announce it. Generally, I’d imagine someone flaunting something others find to be trivial is bound to get some negative feedback.

I don’t think it says anything about what kind of person they are – I also don’t think they would’ve cared enough to comment about OP if he’d just said “I’ve reached masters,” even in light of OP’s desire for attention and praise. I’m sure a good number of people have grown tired of other peoples’ Instagram-esque obsession with self-aggrandizement, validation-seeking, and flattery-gathering.

3 Likes

He never said he didn’t care about video games, he just said that getting to masters is ultimately meaningless – I’m not sure that someone could argue that it’s objectively an important and meaningful achievement.

And there’s people here who post regularly who don’t even play anymore, or who play at the most casual level imaginable, or who play modes other than ranked competitive. So this idea that posting must mean you’re deeply interested in climbing in Overwatch competitive is just false.

2 Likes