Guild/Clan System needed 2018 plz :(

It’s never past time. The world could always use more heroes!

2 Likes

I’ve made threads and I’ve bumped threads for so long. This was needed ages ago. This is needed ASAP. I’m in a clan now, but I still feel sorry for all of those who aren’t, and I can’t help but feel that the lack of a clan system is the main reason why people leave (whether they realize it or not).

7 Likes

over thinking it mate <3 just something basic like a tab people can have a chat on what do, and like a internal online list for the guild. and maybe the option to join three because people are going to be restrictive on what they are building for IE QP,Comp SR Ranges, General Learning Comp. Arcade, Game Builders Etc. Leave the Tools Basic and let the players build a community. Something is better then letting things run their course atm :’(

1 Like

This needs to happen. I made a post like this a few days ago (as shown in the first comment on this post) also thanks for supporting the idea with your own post, I appreciate that :smiley:

It’s shocking that after almost 2 years a team based shooter like Overwatch doesn’t have a guild system. If we don’t get it at the second anniversary of Overwatch I am going to start losing hope. We need some sort of update on what the Devs plan to do to keep the game fresh. People are leaving, and a guilds system would restore Overwatch to it’s former glory for sure.

Keep this post going. Comment if you want to see this in the game. This idea is the answer to “Overwatch League games are so awesome. I wish my games had as much teamwork”.
Thanks guys.

10 Likes

I more then likely ran across them. Tbh you may have indirectly inspired me to finally post what I’ve been talking to my friends in discord about, and for that thank you <3. Most games have terrible communication channel to the developers, and that really installed an unproductive nihilistic in me. I keep seeing how active Blizzard is with their community on most things, and its a healthy break from the rest. “I’m not saying their perfect everything has flaws”. But even if they don’t see this i’m not going to be jaded, but I really worry at whats happening. I love this game, and i’ll play it on and off until all my friends stop playing <3 Also just saw Seanado post this applies to you too buddy!

1 Like

This would be a great addition to the game. It’s hard finding positive players on console, especially with me being a Symmetra main. :frowning:

2 Likes

Having a competitive Clan/Guild ladder would be dope. It will promotes team synergy and getting better.

2 Likes

This would be cool, especially in custom games where the leader could invite everyone online at once to their custom game. and different guilds could choose their team color if they have a full team from their guild. That’s not likely to happen, but the guild feature would be great.

1 Like

Yeah I really like your post. Lots of good ideas here.

Sorry I’m not cross quoting to try and threadjack, just trying to keep the topic organized.

1 Like

I love this idea of building Team leagues from this Mechanic! .

Also right here is another prime example on how a simple guild system would even benefit people playing for social reasons. I love playing in my friends customs and if one of them made a “Game Master Guild” I would join in a heart beat extra credit it the guild master is named Yugi Moto or something silly :smiley:

This is a fantastic idea, I am very happy to see so many people actively trying to make Overwatch better by coming up with ideas for improving the game. This idea is really good, I would not say it is perfect, but it is much better than what we have right now and I like it a lot. :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly. Trolls, throwers, leavers. You get kicked out of the guild if you have chronic bad behaviour.

People just starting out in the guild are vetted to make sure they adhere to CoC. Guilds who just try to cause chaos/ manipulate SR are disbanded and punished. Good guilds rise to the top and are rewarded.

3 Likes

A clan system already exist, People just refuse to use it as one, it isn’t in game, Discord, The number of discords that hold thousands of people playing overwatch at any given moment could fulfil the need for a “Guild/clan” but no one uses them in this way, I don’t want to think that it is because people are just to dumb to realize, I want to play with more people other than myself, hey I am part of this community on discord let me ask them.

2 Likes

I really love the idea of Clans/Guilds But i’m a little confused about it all…

Would clans be Premade, Or would Anyone Be able to make a Clan?

I personally would Love To make a Clan, or a Guild…
But how would that ever translate to putting Personalized clan based items in game? :thinking: I don’t exactly know what i’m talking about, But i do Love This idea… Especially since i have basically no friends, And being able to Queue with people who actually Want to win, Would be a life saver for me… :joy_cat:

-ChibiFox :fox_face:
I want a Clan/Guild System.

2 Likes

Nah its okay mate Thank you for getting involved i really hope Blizzard or better Jeff sees this! Even if its something basic in its inital design that is better then not having anything at all it can always be polished later!

The problem is, Discord isn’t really a factor in matchmaking. Plus, some people just can’t have their computer handle the extra load.

It would be much neater in game. Discord is like a spare tire, sure it gets you rolling but for your sake and everyone else’s you need something more reliable ASAP.

3 Likes

Add a button called guilds either on the main area or in the social tab. Treat it like a second friend list or something , and it actually has its own chat channel that may be a different color. Give players the ability to join like maybe 3 but only activate one at a time think about like a online status to your guild. so you still have the ability to join a large guild for serious reasons, and have your own personal guild for messaround moments. Again the details can be polished up and are subject to change but the bare tools are all the same. Guild Tab, Who is online, Message of the day- info tab, and more social friend list lets say that for people who never played a game with a guild.

4 Likes

That all sounds awesome, to be honest. :smile_cat:
I Really Hope they add something like this to the game, It really would change Everything.

I tend to solo queue most of the time, And with something like this, I wouldn’t have to anymore… And as we all know, Going in solo can be a Very Lacking experience… :tired_face:

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat Bro/Sis due to my odd hours i’m never online when my friends are so i usually solo :frowning: I would literally join a guild for that reason alone no matter what their play style is, and even when I get friends a lot of them are fading or getting jaded due to the same exact reason.

1 Like

Guild system. The thing I didn’t know I needed until now. Lots of good points, especially making the in-game chat more lively and the fighting of toxicity. If you’re getting matched with people you know you’d be less inclined to be a douche. If anything, the game would be more fun I think. I’d also love some objectives to strive for other than my next level. I really hope this becomes a reality.

5 Likes