Guess I'll work on another idea

Here is an idea that might make Brig feel even less unfair to go against, than what’s already on PTR.

Brigitte

Shield Bash

• PTR change, can’t stun through shields.
  • Damage raised from 70 to 80
  • Stun reduce to 0.3sec.
  • Delay to lower shield of 0.4sec.

Whipshot

• Can animation cancel out of shield bash.
  • Damage raised from 50 to 75.

Allows Brig to get off the same 155 damage combo, but for drastically less stun duration.

3 Likes

So the Tracer main’s solution to fixing Brig, making it so she can’t kill me if I hold down recall while stunned.

15 Likes

Quite the contrary.

It’s just simplifying the combo down to bash+whip = 155dmg

Instead of bash+swing+whip = 155dmg

In trade, the stun duration is cut by 66%.

What about this is “contrary” to “she can’t kill me if I hold down recall while stunned?” The combination doesn’t need to be simplified any further than it has to.It is already pretty easy to do, and this comes from someone with poor reflexes. What it does need is for it to stay at its current stun duration to ensure tracer will die if she is dumb enough to get in range. Otherwise, Tracer players will just run rampant again (not that that ever stopped) and Dive will make a resurgence. They already have figured out how to run circles around her in a fight like they could with Reinhardt.

6 Likes

I feel like you are overlooking this line:

The idea is to disallow bash+swing+whip.

But to make it so that bash+whip gets equivalent results in a fraction of the time.

Blizzard is already against animation canceling; they have never added in it intentionally and I don’t see them starting. What would made this a superior option to how it currently works anyway? With ping factored in, the lower stun duration increases the chance of Tracer getting away. Not to mention, she is going to be losing the ability to stun through shields, so stunning a Reinhardt will be less attractive of an option. Why nerf her further?

3 Likes

Ashe has animation canceling.

You can’t scope shot, then quickly unscope shot.

But you can scope shot, then animation cancel into coach gun.

Not sure wat u consider animation cancels but Rein’s speed increase on shatter has the effect be applied before his hammer even hits the ground.

His animations were intentionally made incorrect so he couldnt be stunned out of shatter anywhere near as easily.

That is not the same. Players cannot do something else, then quickly perform earthshatter. Those players also cannot forcibly shorten its cast time by queuing another ability up.

1 Like

That isn’t intentional. Whether that will be left in the game remains to be seen, but Blizzard’s stance on animation canceling can be seen; they have a history of removing them, but never adding them.

1 Like

But they just added them.

To a new hero, which, again, is not intentional. Do you have any record of them adding it to a hero released before Ashe?

1 Like

Says who?

Cutting the stun to 0.3 seconds is a huge buff to Tracer against Brigitte. Adding in an animation cancel specifically to justify that change is terrible design, and it makes the classic combo even stronger against other heroes since the classic combo will still work against lower-mobility foes.

1 Like

If you’ve any evidence of them stating that animation canceling is an intended feature, feel free to provide it. Meanwhile, I have proof that it is not right in the patch notes. After all, if they were intentional, why would they remove them?

1 Like

Not quite sure I follow how making it possible to dish out 155 damage on tracer in 0.3 sec, is weaker than 155 damage in 1.0sec.

How about a no. Her dps values are fine. The PTR changes are to allow Main Tanks to counter her now instead of the enemy team getting a free Team Fight Win with a Brigitte Shield Bash Rein Earth Shatter combo.

1 Like

That’s how. Cutting the stun drastically increases Tracer’s opportunity to escape.

This is only a buff against heroes who can’t easily escape the bash combo. It’s a nerf against any hero that can hit a button and blink away in an instant (i.e. Tracer, Sombra, etc)

1 Like

Then perhaps I’m not explaining clearly enough.

The idea would be that Brig could Bash then Whip, in less time than the stun duration.

She can do this already. However, by reducing the duration of Tracer’s stun, you’re drastically raising the probability that Tracer can and will escape the combo. This basically is raising Brigitte’s unreliability against Tracer, but making her stronger against lower-mobility heroes. Unless that’s your goal, this is a bad change (and the shoehorning of an animation cancel makes it pretty bad to begin with)

1 Like