Grandmaster junkrat main- we have gone through 4 major changes and he is worse then before

TL;DR at the end

PLEASE DISCUSS WHAT YOU THINK!

————————————————————

March 1, 2016: RIP-Tire

Health increased to 150

If the tire is destroyed, it no longer detonates

Significantly decreased damage falloff within RIP-Tire’s detonation radius

March 8, 2016: RIP-Tire
Ultimate charge cost increased by 25%

March 17, 2016: RIP-Tire
Health reduced from 150 to 100

October 11, 2016: RIP-Tire
Ability now activates more quickly

March 21, 2017: Total Mayhem

Junkrat’s explosions no longer hurt himself

August 29, 2017:Concussion Mine

Junkrat can now hold two mines

RIP-Tire

Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30%

There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing
January 30, 2018:Concussion Mine

Now will deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center

May 3, 2018: Frag Launcher

Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2 (33%)

RIP-Tire

Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12

————————————————————

we are at 8.0 and hes worse then everything after 4.0 the most recent changes is what really ticked me off, blizzard is trying different things with junkrat instead of choosing the simple path

junkrat 7.0 (mine falloff) is when it started going downhill, he lost the consistency in his mines, if we just put a set damage on the mines so the junkrat player is aware how much damage he will be doing it will be better
two 120 mines didnt work so what if we put two 80 damage mines?
120 +80= 200 damage so he is still capable of doing the one shot combo and it isnt as overwhelming in the lower ranks then two 120 damage mines

there is one problem with this, the mine and trap combo wont work if we do this 80+80 doesnt equal 200 so what if we make mine do 120 damage to people only when they are trapped?

junkrat 8.0 (the one in live game) made it so his primary fire has a harder time to hit, they decreased the size by 33%, making them harder to hit they tried to make it so junkrat players would have to lead there shots but if i cant hit anything when i lead them, might as well just spam

TL;DR

mine needs to do 80 damage so he can fight against flankers and be able to do the 2 shot combo more consistently again

primary fire needs to be reverted so that spam wont be encouraged

mine needs to do 120 damage to people who are in traps so the trap and mine combo works again

rip tire cost needs to be increased from 1575 to 2000 to compensate for these changes (so he doesnt get it every fight again)

7 Likes

AHHH MY FRIEND

I too am a GM junkrat main and honestly I don’t think he is worse than before.

I can reliably aim my shots (honestly he didn’t need the grenade HB nerf) I predict enough movement to hit my mines at full damage. I can slip by with tire to nuke.

The only thing he really didn’t need was (see above) but that’s about it.

People have stopped complaining about us because they finally realized that we instakilling if you get too close (same with brigitte)

8 Likes

Lol everything about junk encourages spamming. If you want consistency his projectile speed should be buffed instead. And Junk’s effective damage without ult was still unreasonably high against anything that wasn’t dive.

i just feel like people are complaining about brig more atm i don’t think we’ll ever get off the hook because “junkrat doesn’t need to aim”

4 Likes

Yea, it’s the rats curse I guess… but with all the mace lady hate, and the fact we completely decimate her, we should be off the ‘anger radar’ for a little while.

1 Like

Well, if it helps I got a feeling that any nerfs probably be over soon (Or buffs for that matter.)

Call it gut feeling but I think this is the last and final move that Blizz is doing to solve the Junkrat issue once and for all by tweaking the one thing they knew that would severely affected him and it was his primary.

Problem is, while the current meta is still good and allow Junkrat to thrive, the moment Dive comes back, hitting flankers is going to be very hard.

This experience is different at GM or so but so far at diamond, I realized that hitting flankers with direct is very hard(even at close range.) to the point that mines is the only reliable way to hit flankers.

Right now, Junkrat is still in a good spot due to meta but the moment its gone, Junkrat is gonna severely drop in usage and viability.

3 Likes

junkrat is still very good in dive due to his double mines but i feel like he will die once brig meta ends he’s best in tank heavy comps and dive

1 Like

For a hero that requires little skill and has such a huge impact, I still and so do many others think he needs another nerf.
I think you’re very lucky he’s still this strong. You should be begging for no further nerfs rather than asking for any buffs.

2 Likes

Not 80 but 90 so that Lucio existing doesn’t mess up the combo also people would still feed him even if it was raised to 2000

I think- Oh brb wrong account

Okay I’m here now
While I expected a tire speed nerf because people can’t accept they’ve adapted to it’s speed, I most definetly disagree with the Projectile nerf
They say it is to encourage Junkrats to aim… yet all nerfing the size of his main proj. does is encourage spam even MORE than before.
Now Pharah will be an even harder counter than she already was as it will be harder to hit the lead shot if you primary/mine combo her and almost impossible w/o mine
And that’s just 1 of his counters he’ll have a much much harder time taking care of

2 Likes

Hmmm…
Come back when you realize he takes skill
Because if you don’t think that then he’s not the problem YOU are

3 Likes

Well, that’s how blizzard operate - they pick weak hero, they overbuff him, they nerf him into worse state than before losing his identity in process

4 Likes

He’s still OP, Rip tire charges too fast and has too high of an explosive radius.

he’s not op anymore… at this point if you die to him you deserve to

2 Likes

Excpet he was never as OP as people claim him to be

thats the problem with blizzard