Gpu not being used by the game

For the past few months i have been trying to fix this problem and nothing helps. What is even worse is that whenever i try to submit a ticket the website just says an error has occurred and I can never submit it. So i come to y’all and hopefully someone will have some knowledge that i have not thought of.

Here is an Imgur link that explains what i went through.

(correction i can’t put a link so just write imgur (dot) com and add this (/a/FJkQViK)

I tried to make the graphics control panel use nvidia and the ingame says it is using it but i still can’t get more than 15 fps and the app doesn’t use the dedicated graphics.

This is so frustrating because i was just getting back into the game after a year hiatus and it is just super frustrating.

1 Like

Your fps issue is probably being caused by something else. Never trust task manager to tell you what’s going on, it’s been buggy for years.

Please add a DxDiag here or on Pastebin.com.

While you wait for someone to look it over, I recommend reviewing the pinned threads here.

Like this one:

1 Like

I know for sure that is the the game refusing to use the gpu because when i do disable the integrated gpu (which runs my second monitor) my frame rate greatly increases back what used to be normal.
anyways ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Hey there,

The most common reason the game will use integrated GPU instead of a dedicated one will be power settings. The following may exist on the PC:

• Windows power settings. Ensure it’s set to high performance.
  • Nvidia Geforce Experience. Check the settings menu for power saving options and disable any that exist.
  • Some laptop manufacturers such as asus, dell, or similar may offer separate programs that limit power. Check the Razer settings to ensure they did not include any power saving features. I they did, try changing the settings to performance.

I do hope the info helps. Let us know how things go!

3 Likes

more things tried more things still nothing helping. I reinstalled the game again too.
imgur - same as last time imgur(dot)com(/a/e4AZ53f)

maaaaaaaaan why this game got to be so frustrating to work with. But i really am appreciating the support that i am getting even when i am responding infrequently.

1 Like

This is not the Windows settings that Kaldraydis mentioned. You want to open the Windows power management settings and choose High Performance there, regardless of plugged in state or not. Many times, these other apps cannot override lower settings from the operating system.

Device Name: Razer DeathAdder Elite
Attached: 1
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x005C
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Razer Blade
Attached: 1
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x0246
FF Driver: n/a

I see that you have only 17 fps in the menu. Maybe you’re dealing with the Razer Chroma issue pinned in the forum:

like i said i don’t own chroma apps downloaded . just synapse.

and here is a created power plan. still doesn’t work

imgur - imgur(dot)com(/a/Q1HowvO)

Please take the time to review the link I provided above, since it is specifically calling out Synapse as the issue.

We have seen reports of dramatically lower than expected FPS with Razer Synapse/Chroma installed.

synapse uninstalled. problem persists.

imgur(dot)com/a/Hv50f7t

This typically involves hunting down the remaining files the uninstaller does not delete. They’re listed in that pinned thread I linked.

Additionally, you may want to post an MSInfo on Pastebin.com to look over the error reporting.

1 Like

the link you posted only referred to crashes and black screen a problem that i am not having. either way can’t send msinfo file to large for pastebin so it is on ghostbin. And i still don’t understand what synapse would be doing when the game refuses to recognize the existence of a Dedicated gpu and only uses the integrated gpu when no other game has any problem with this fact.

ghostbin(dot)com(/paste/FzweZ)

According to the game, it’s using the correct GPU, so the problem is likely something else limiting the fps. Like I said, Task Manager is basically Windows garbage and I would ignore it.

Here are the primary issues in the report:

Faulting application name: lghub_agent.exe

Faulting application name: Razer Synapse Service.exe

Faulting application name: Blitz.exe

it is not any of those apps and it is quite easy to see. I don’t know where you are getting that windows is not reporting correctly when it very clearly is. The game is not running on dedicated gpu. You will see when i disable the integrated how the game suddenly springs to life and actually used the dedicated card.

imgur - imgur(dot)com(/a/sa8qasv)

i honestly don’t know how you can keep telling me that this is a windows reporting issue or another app that is causing this problem. This is very clearly the game and nothing else.

Hey there Renzi,

Thanks for following up with us. At this point it may be good to submit a ticket so we can work with you more directly.

Cheers!

ill try again but each time i submit it just never goes through or it just gives me an error. so we will see if this will be different.