Got suspended again but

I really havent been toxic lately so im not sure why… apparently people report you for stuff that you didnt do and that just works… but Im sure they properly reviewed my account and found exactly 1 instance where i said something negative before i left voice when I wasnt really the one who started the argument…

Its just kinda funny that on my other accounts that arent gold border I have never gotten suspended or squelched coincidence? I think not

Also interesting… for some reason the world thinks punishing people who behave badly is the way to go instead of rewarding those that are positive. Hows that going all of the world?

3 Likes

Isn’t it realistically both though? Don’t only reward good people and let people who behave badly just do what they want without consequences. Reward those who behave well and also punish people who behave badly.

True, but how does blizz reward people for behaving well

and even moreso-- shouldnt the fact that 90% of the time I play well and I get endorsements make some impact towards whether or not you decide to suspend just cause I was suspended before?

Who knows honestly? Without knowing the details on exactly how the suspensions work we can’t say much with any certainty.

My main issue with reports and endorsements is that there’s no real quantification of what you need to do to get an endorsement and no verification on if the endorsement or report was warranted. Like you can get shot caller as an endorsement even if you said nothing and made no calls with voice lines just like you can get reported for abusive chat while saying nothing.

1 Like

i know i can really be toxic. i had phases where i got reported by multiple people per match. and i guess there were at least 5-6 games in a row where i made decent enemies.

i‘ve never received any penalty for it.

If you are actually being punished, it is totally unlikely that your bad behavior happened unconsciously by accident. or that you were truly innocent.

3 Likes

or… I just play more often than you and thats all that it is

I never insinuated I was truly innocent… perhaps try reading the entire post

perhaps you are just lying? actually nobody cares. it‘s like in the prison: nobody is guilty. the trial / process was unfair and the lawyer an idiot :joy:

2 Likes

Report system is a joke. Grouped trolls can do whatever they want, and if you actually try, you the one that gets suspended. But dosen’t matter anymore, don’t think this game is salvageable. Haven’t really shown any intention to fix its problems for about 5 years. Just new skins, new arcade maps, pve and don’t forgets super competitive owl… fix core game problems… nope, working as intended.

3 Likes

Punisher symbol rooting for hyper vigilance so surprising…

the truth is prison is filled with a lot of really bad people and some people that really dont need to be in prison for crimes that really arent that bad theyre just illegal

conservatives guys… look into how societies that treat their people better are doing compared to ours.

I am neither conservative nor do I come from the USA. My statement was meant with a wink and no incentive for political discussion. Ever seen Shawshank Redemption? It was a quote from that movie.

The fact is that even with a handful of five stacks reporting you, you won’t get a ban.

In fact, you have to behave badly for an excessive period of time to get banned.
That’s actually quite a problem.

1 Like

You can ask for every data they have on you. That way, you’ll be able to read your entire chat history and make sure you don’t deserve that ban.
But they don’t usually lift bans.

happened to me on another account, I asked the blizz support for a specific incident because I knew I didn’t use comms on that account at all.
they weren’t willing to give me anything, so I requested a data protection report and subsequently had the account deleted.

your account can be suspended just by playing the wrong hero, at the wrong time and in the wrong region… or if you mess with the wrong players.
matchmaking reinforces this phenomenon.

2 Likes

“i really havent been toxic lately” -Somebody who has definitely been toxic lately.

2 Likes

Leaving voice only makes you a target. It notifies everyone you left. Better to mute the people who are being rude and continue to make calls. When you mute it doesn’t tell anyone that you did. And likely other team mates who just want to play the game already muted them, so your calls will still help them.

1 Like

Got suspended one season for saying " My team is garbage " I didn’t direct the comment to any one person specifically. That’s all it takes. Lets say action against your account happens on report 50, well you can have 1 bad comment and 49 false reports for babies mad at you and you will still get suspended. Systems a joke.
Now I don’t even care about suspensions anymore have 20+ on this account, still playing, still being an idiot. Have more fun ruining other peoples games just like they ruin mine. Sadly I’ll never change because in OW it’s the only place I can act like an idiot and not really suffer from it ( 2-4 week bans lol). In the real world I don’t do this, I know this behavior in the real world won’t get you anywhere in life.

1 Like

when you have 49 reports in advance, you already did a lot of things wrong. You may have thrown, smurfed, or sabotaged in previous games. or you lack a lot of self awareness.

when i report someone, it‘s always either smurf-accounts or blatant throwers. and i only report in competitive, where teamwork matters. if i can help to keep these people out of comp, it‘s a better place for everyone with at least some ambition.

1 Like

Im sorry but you seem to be fairly educated but on this subject I think youre being a bit naive and assuming your experience is the same as others.

Getting reported 50 times happens in certain meta’s happened to me in a weeks or two’s time because how much I play and hero choice alone. People use the report as an anti-endorse system. Sure I have an over 50% winrate with the hero but people know its an easy hero to blame and he’s also really annoying to play against. People report you when youre not in voice and or hide chat, they ask the other team to report you sometimes… Of course they let you know how hardstuck you are even though you’ve been consistently going up in SR seasonally.

But this idea that you need to act bad to get reported… people report you for nothing…

Let me give you an example from a different FPS cause this happened to me recently… I can understand Spanish okay being from Arizona and having taken a couple years but no where near able to speak it well… I was playing CS:GO and my teammates are hispanic then 2 guys just making noises so I muted the ones making noises. It takes 16 points to win a game, we’re on the last round and the other team has 4, I have 18 kills 5 deaths and they call a vote to kick me and it passes on the round we were going to win. Sometimes people are just kinda tools.

And I get back a lot of reports for reporting too but I do it when one of the words you dont say is either repeated or someone is being mysognistic* to make a girl uncomfortable or if they blatantly throw… The only time I report smurfs since its not actually something there is a report for-- I report them for gameplay sabotage, if they are being toxic and or brag about smurfing too. Kinda surprised this discussion is still going…

oh and McCree nerf when

1 Like
  1. Nobody knows if you’re telling the truth about whether your suspension was valid or not.
  2. Why does the level of your other accounts matter when taking into consideration whether you should have been suspension on this account or not?
  3. The endorsement system exists, so blizzard DOES reward those who are positive. It’s just that rewarding positivity has shown to not work because we’re all a bunch of toxic ****heads.
1 Like