Got disconnected and banned from Compettitive while not even join the game yet

Hi guys,

I have got this problem lately two times in a row.

I just got disconnected from the competitive mode immediately after the game was found.

I played in a group as 2 people. My friend went in the game but mine was not.

My friend say the screen is already changed but mine still in the main menu, and then got disconnected, have rejoin button shown but cannot click to rejoin.

Then the game was cancelled, and I just got banned, get a penalty without doing anything wrong yet…

Isn’t there any solution to this or I just should accept the situation just like that?

Will you have the future plan to fix this issue to check that if my screen wasn’t change yet (I don’t even know which team I was against or play with). And I got penalty just like that?

Same here.

This happens far to often and they should cancel the match when this happens instead of giving you a penalty. I got banned from 2 season already just because of this, I guess this one will be the 3rd.

Remember to avoid Competitive Play if you are getting kicked frequently. Be sure to check your equipment (click here) or try playing in a non-Competitive game mode a run a WinMTR test (click here) to see if you can catch the problem in the act.

No online video game can tell the difference between a person who disconnects due to a legitimate technical malfunction or if they forced one deliberately. Penalties are applied at the start of the match to prevent the practice of queue dodging and to discourage players who are having malfuctions from immediately retrying to connect to a Competitive game without taking time to fix their issues. Learn more here:

No online video game can tell the difference between a person who disconnects due to a legitimate technical malfunction or if they forced one deliberately.

But in my case. The client side is not even ready to change the game screen yet. Can’t you check on the game client log or something to determine that it could really be technical malfunction? Maybe it should have a way to detect malfunction like… Improving the competitive matchmaking flow by

1.Finding 10 people first
2.test connection between them
2.1.if connection between 10 ppl fail, refinding match (back to 1.)
2.2.if connection all pass, have a ready button
3.someone not getting ready, give him penalty instead?.

No because again, that opens the door for queue dodging. Blizzard cannot see this happen from their end (even the game client itself cannot):

If you need assistance with the actual troubleshooting of your connection, we can help with that. However if you wish to debate policy, I recommend constructively addressing your concerns in the Competitive Discussion forum.