Good Sensitivity for Overwatch?

I currently use exactly 7.00 sensitivity in game, but I don’t know what my dpi is since I don’t have a gaming mouse. I just feel like I’m missing too many shots, and I want to hear from some of the pros out there. What is your sensitivity?

2 Likes

I mean I can give you a link that shows what the pros use but overall you need to find something that fits your needs.

http://on-winning_com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

(Replace _ with . )

The average seems to be around 800 DPI and between 4-6 in game sensitivity. If you actually do want to improve and get better I would recommend getting a gaming mouse. It’ll be more precise and customizable. The link I sent also shows what mice/mousepads they use as well.

I play at 6 sen, general rule of thumb for FPS games is lower is better because it allows for more precise movement, but in Overwatch you don’t want it too low because sometimes you have to turn around rather quickly

My mice default is 800-2000-6000. Most mice probably have set that as their default as well. So when you press the magical button on your mouse that changes your dpi, which one are you playing on lowest,mid or high? I just suggest setting it to the lowest, it is very likely to be 800 or 900 dpi. If your mouse doesn’t even have that button, then I do suggest actually getting one that can at the very least do that much.

But anyway my dpi/sense is 800/6.

Get a mouse with a good sensor…the best one right now is the one for the Logitech G403, the mouse i use. You can find this sensor in other gaming mice as well. I got this one by the recommendation of Rocketjumpninja, my hands are big and this mouse is for big hands. The size of your hands and grip style you use matter when you search for a gaming mouse.

Mine is 3.5 at 800 DPI Don’t forget that big mouse pad.

1 Like

800 dpi is the default which is good and you have to be able to turn 180 with 1 mouse swipe without liftting of your mouse. Ingame try to be around 6

a gaming mouse will make your aim more smooth. i had a low teir cheap gaming mouse and upgraded and i could feel the difference. better tracking. but your sens depends if your a arm player or wrist player. arm players tend to have lower sens while wrist players have high sens. then it also depends what hero you play. tanks mostly have higher sens while dps is more of the norm

I probably have the lowest sens ever (800 dpi/3 in-game) but only use low sens if u have a big mouse pad like me. If not, use mid sens like 800/5 or 800/7

Oooooo the necromancer has arrived.

1 Like

Big necro.
How do you even find a 2 year old post?

depends on how much mouse pad ya got
(low for a lot of space, high for smaller space)
generally low makes for better accuracy but the extreme arm movements may take some getting used to

I have 6,5/800 and i am happy with that :slight_smile:

And i have big mouse pad btw.

Its all personal preference for example i use 800 dpi and 10 sens and its feel normal because I’ve been using it for so long.

The average though is usually around 800 dpi 5 sens

Mine’s 1 in game sens with 2500 DPI. Yep I have big mousepad!

I have worked myself into a middle ground DPI of 1,000. I used to go around 1400 DPI, mostly because I played Moira.

I was trying 850 out on Widow and it felt horrible. I found I flicked better around 1400, but I knew that was far to high for long distance accuracy shots.

So I met in the middle… 1,000 seems to be good but I can already tell I am going to drop to 950 soon. My sense on widow right now is 6 I think, Genji is about 7… Moira is 12 lol.