Good news, cheaters cant ruin your SR anymore

Excellent news!!

Now Lord Jeff please do the same for leavers (or something like that) and the system is going to be almost :ok_hand::ok_hand:

This is excellent news. So glad that Blizzard is taking these steps.

This is very not likely going to happen. The reason why matches still count when there is a leaver is to prevent abusive situations where players will start to do anything to get another player (even if they are not grouped up) to leave the match. This was a huge problem in season 1 back when SR adjustments were recalculated when there was a leaver and they took that away to prevent the abusive behavior.

I remember when the instruction booklet was the only source of lore for any video game.

2 Likes

Question: What is the correct amount of lore to have in a video game?

Answer: Minimal.

This is some good work. Compare to most of other games Overwatch does really well against hackers.

badn ews is that Blizzards servers can take a sh*t and by no fault of any player you all get shafted :confused:

God bless Jeff Kaplan.

is this really new though?

i mean i never have met a cheater in comp (once there was a lvl 11 guy in a qp game using an aimbot and bragging about it)

so i couldn’t tell how long this exists

and cheaters are actually rare compared to other online games in ow (and blizzard games in general)

i always though blizzard was good at dealing with cheaters and hackers, it only can take a pretty long time sometimes and it mostly happens quietly to not give them exposure i guess

it’s better to just remove cheaters than announcing to everyone that there are working aimbots

aside from the obvious use of hacks what else is considered cheating? Can they stop smurfing for example or is that not considered cheating?

This is exciting!

Now if there were some way to cancel a match for using Mouse on console…

1 Like

Yeah i see, the classic Blizzard/activision strategy, give them small rewards, don´t actually give them the payment they would need lol.

No wonder they got those huge internal employee problems lately.

1 Like

Well yes mostly, throwing and boosting are both banable, with this new system both are irrelevant too, since upon account banning, the matches are voided. It heavily affected aspects of this in CSGO as well.

What about the won/lost SR though?

If neither win or loss is recoded for either team, then there is no SR adjustment.

Let’s say it takes some time for the cheater to get banned and I play an additional 10 matches. Will the game suddenly remember to readjust my SR after all that time?

The message specifically says your previous game. So the system will either bring it up mid game or shortly after. I dont think the system will wait 10 games to figure it out. But i dont have any details on this.

Im sure they have a more active anti-cheat on their end because even though the replay system is a powerful tool im sure nobody at blizzard is employed with the task of applying manual detection.

Not as big of an issue as you think

If they do the same with smurf maybe I’ll try ranked.

I wish they still did :frowning: i thought it was so cool when cave story for switch came with a CD!

1 Like