Going on Hiatus until something gets fixed. šŸ˜£

People would probably complain that such a thing would be too close to a ā€œStunā€ Abilityā€¦

Then knowing Blizz, they would probably nerf Bastionā€™s Damage to ā€œcompensateā€

1 Like

I wonder if something as small as making his stand-up animation shorter would help? To get out of danger faster? (I donā€™t play Bastion, so I donā€™t know)

1 Like

It would change thingsā€¦ But no, Sadly it wouldnā€™t help much.

Bastion used to have MUCH Longer transformation times, Andā€¦ Even with all the drawbacks, Getting set up in one spot was worth it, since you could protect yourself, With higher damage.
(If you could aim, that is.)

Bastion needs to be able to dig his heals inā€¦ ya know, Hold his ground.

Thank you for the conversation, tho! :smile_cat:
Itā€™s actually making me feel a bit better about the whole situation.

1 Like

Hmm. It sounds like Orisaā€™s Fortify ability would be perfect for him. Improved defense and canā€™t be moved (aka charged). Too bad itā€™s taken already.

1 Like

CC Immunity would help a Lotā€¦

Right now, If you get hooked by a Roady, it Usually Ends in death, with Very little counter play.

Now that Bastion is in the ā€œDamageā€ Category, Perhaps thereā€™s a chance of Bastionā€™s Original Damage potential being reinstated?

(ć£ā—”3ā—”)ć£ :blue_heart: Yea Devs? :blue_heart:

1 Like

2016: Bastion is ruining this game!

2018: Manā€¦poor Bastion. They should really treat him better.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be in this boat a year from now. The forums are FULL of ā€œMercy is OPā€ threads.

1 Like

Itā€™s a sad storyā€¦ it really is.

I wonder sometimes if i would still be having fun if i had just liked a different hero from the beginningā€¦

Mercy had her wings clipped, and deserves her Identity back.
Reverts for our heroes!

Iā€™m getting it from both sides. Old Mercy players hate her now and other supports think sheā€™s too good. I like her exactly as she is.

1 Like

I remember Chibifox now! We both have made ā€œLetā€™s get a vanilla Overwatch game modeā€ posts!

1 Like

I get attacked and solo-ulted by Doomfists and Winstons almost constatntlyā€¦ I donā€™t understand it at allā€¦ they almost always die, especially if I tell the healer to heal me whenever I hear his ult because I know itā€™s coming for meā€¦ Avoid Bastion if you can, thatā€™s all I can really tell you :confused:

1 Like

Oh yea! I remember that! :smiley_cat:
Always good to find like minded individuals.

1 Like

I know what you mean, I am close to do like you, if not ana gets herself a real buff soon, not some minor buff that plays no actual part.

1 Like

You sure you just havenā€™t hit your skill cap, there are a number of Bastion players i know in very high elo and so if they can do it why canā€™t you?

Iā€™m not in any way saying heā€™s fine but individual way of using the heroes impacts us more than actual balance unless you are at the highest level of play. So yes there is stuff you can improve on, its the ā€˜whatā€™ which is difficult to determine.

1 Like

Welcome to the ā€˜not playing thisā€™ club. First drink is free.

1 Like

Bastionā€™s got the same problem Sombra had previous to her buff where the ability to play them effectively is entirely in the hands of your team. If your team wonā€™t back you up it is really not that hard to counter play Bastion and even a novice player can figure out how to hack it with Genjiā€™s reflect.

Like, on the one hand, Bastion is incredibly powerful but on the other heā€™s also the best litmus test in the game for your teamā€™s ability to play as a team. And it feeds into a vicious cycle because now the people who basically killed you are telling you,
ā€˜lmao ur bad with badstion, change or I report u.ā€™

1 Like

Anaā€™s in a rough placeā€¦ Recently i forced myself to play more of her, andā€¦ Itā€™s like herding kittens.

In a way, yes.
(Especially since the hero, is serving as half of that cap.)

In order of general Usefulness, iā€™m a Mccree/Widow/Bastion mainā€¦
You can probably see the issue.
I have trained my Positioning and Aim for Hoursā€¦ And i just feel like None of it translates in playing Bastion.
(Mostly since none of that can actually Happen and reward the player with Bastionā€¦)

I would say good Bastionā€™s Wonā€™t shoot Genjis all that Oftenā€¦ But it does happen.
Itā€™s nearly impossible to track if he has deflect or not, and as an instantly deploying ability, you are Going To have some damage thrown back at you no matter whatā€¦ But thatā€™s just itā€¦ Deflect isnā€™t as simple as some people thinkā€¦

When your genji is deflecting around a Bastion, That Bastion becomes a sitting duck. In that moment you are Unable to properly heal through the focus fire, and unable to fight back.

So YES, you are entirely right in saying Bastion is extremely team dependent.
(If not the most team dependent hero in the gameā€¦)

And thatā€™s one of the biggest problems.
Not that us Bastionā€™s canā€™t find good teams, (The LFG System should help fixing that) But that even IN Good teams, Our hero is FAR Too Team dependent.

Bastion can no longer 1v1ā€¦ You are forced to 2v1 or even 3v1 if you want to Play the hero at all.

Btw, for anyone wonderingā€¦ I have decided to keep my Profiles unlocked.
I have nothing to hide. o-o If you wanted to see my stats, that is.

1 Like

name five heroes then. Sombra doesnā€™t count as she just disables the use of barriers, not destroy them.
Edit: I do not mean to come off as aggressive. Personally he works fine for me. I can easily track on console with him and can do consistent damage

Bastion is viable if you can get your team to play with you. Particularly in the lower tiers where people donā€™t know how to play against you. If you can get a good group and chat strats, then you can definitely make bastions work.
If youā€™re saying that bastion should be viable every time you want to play him then i disagree and goodbye.