God I cant stand this game sometimes

Its a perpetual loop of win 1 or 2 then lose 1 or 2. Its not even fun anymore when you try and improve and get screwed by leavers are throwers.

5 Likes

Sounds like forced 50% win/loss to me.

4 Likes

More like who gets the better smurf these days. Game is still awesome, the gamble is not.

5 Likes

And the thing is. you can SEE the matchmaker doing its thing. Below your SR, Team makes a working Meta, people switch to counter, clutch plays, dps getting pics.

When your above your SR. No mics, A meta that cant work, noone switches to counter, players getting killed by Heros there supposed to counter. Bad priotizing. Bad positioning. Players with the wrong solutions for countering. players blaming the wrong players for the lost and the eventual tilted KYS on the mic,

Then next match POOF all gone.
Then its back
then gone.
then back.

4 Likes

This thread.

Yep. That’s Overwatch.

3 Likes

play more games. if you played many games and still same rank… you need to get better

1 Like

It’s not worth it though. I tracked every game in season 21 in excel and marked down Sr lost/gained, how my performance was, how my team was, comms etc.

I climbed from low bronze to low gold in tank and it took an obscene amount of hours sometime 6-8 a day. The patterns were the same. Every set of wins was met by a demoralizing set of losses and I was clearly grouped with players below my level. The Sr gains were minimal and not enough to motivate someone to keep playing with the amount of hours needed to climb.

TLDR; this game has become as terrible and tedious grind. If you are stuck solo queuing it’s even worse.

3 Likes

You cant really improve sometimes. Everyone has their limits. Would you still enjoy playing the game even if you knew you could never rank up further? Not that you should give up, but maybe try to keep it in perspective when you start to get frustrated.

“Insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over again using the same method.”
Perhaps going about it in another way of thinking is the better option ?