GM Genji ONE TRICK opinion on devs post [3 years genji main]

it rewards you if you use is carefully
if you dont use it carefully you dont get value, you often get punished.

2 Likes

with all good reason tbh. Goats meta completely ousted the DPS role for a good few months ā€“ a year.

1 Like

yes you need practice.
but you need thinking, the ability leaves you in a punishable state and usually out of position and missing a cooldown.

read my previous post

Bias might have something to do with it. Just a tiny, wait, scratch that, huge bias that Genji mains usually have.

1 Like

Ok but my point is that WTF is your opponent supposed to do about deflect?.

sit there and die to you without forcing you to use deflect? and if you use it they die anyway?

the same can be said about any defensive ability, though.

1 Like

And 2 2 2 was introduced for a good reason too, lader was way to randome.

And after all, be happy it ended goats, so dds are to be blamed too.

I was hoping a top tier Genji pro would set a good example in Mainsā€™ etiquette, butā€¦ sighā€¦

Genji should be top dog or nothing else I guess.

dps dont need to be solely blamed for ending goats. The hatred for this meta came from every side. Off tanks like hog had no room in the meta nor did orisa. Healers like Ana, Moira, and Mercy had no spot either

edit: clearer language

They sure as hell played a big part in it.
Dont try to make 2 2 2 a only tanks and healer projektā€¦

i did no such thing nor come close to it. i pointed out that dps are not the only reason why goats is gone

And i never said they whereā€¦

yet somehow you tried to deflect what i said as a scheme plotted by only tanks and supports?

Sorry, but for me this sounded like you wanted to get the dds out of the blame. Even tho they had thire fair share of crying.

Look, you canged it. Nice.

Fixed it for ya friend.

FIFY

Notice how I said Salty DPS mains, not all of them.

Guess it still hit a little close to home. :man_shrugging:

So yeah, if that is ā€œTribalismā€ in your eyes well, you do you boo.

first of all, mind you language here, you might get banned from the forums.
i dunno if wt* is bannable, but STUPID can be interpreted as an insult and get you punished.

against deflect you can either use it as free time to reposition or refresh the position of your enemies if the genji is escaping.
else you can set up a garenteed shot since he keeps his crosshair on you to deflect, keep your cross hair on him (no stress since he aint shooting) and shoot when it ends.
im very good at aiming and will usually kill the genji everytime he deflects.
you can stun him, deal aoe/beam damage if you have it.
you can ask for healing or for help since you have 2 seconds free.
but the best tip is to prepare yourself to kill him at the end, which leaves him very open.
there are also things to due for specific heroes, i advise you check 1 tip for every hero by karQ to see interactions with genji.

Please just read the edit

Nope, I replied to your original post.

Again, wrote before you read, hm ?