Giving Valk an offensive buff?

Sup. I wanted to discuss a small idea. So what do you guys think about giving Mercy in Valk her old damage buff back?

I know that statistically she is fine etc but I would like to have a small new option for her kit and all. Currently it just feels like trowing to not hold heal/damage boost all the time because even if you go in the damage potential isn’t as worth it

Would this be broken?

1 Like

Well… Mercy’s whole character (both in game and in lore) is designed around NOT shooting at people. I think it’s very intentional that fighting during valk is worse than healing/boosting.

1 Like

This game has almost zero lore and even then why hold back fun for lore? I’m just talking about options

2 Likes

Lore and gameplay are loosely connected at best. If the game matched the lore, Doomfist should be able to level the payload, yet he can’t even level the champagne bottles on the tables in the archives event.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about this. I never got to use the PTR mercy rework bc im console but I always wanted to try. I think it would be fine.

the one that didnt even get off ptr?

If you unlocked her full increased damage I believe it did 140 to the head

It’d be cool if the beam auto-connected to nearby teammates and could be toggled from healing to damage by pressing secondary fire, freeing up primary fire to shoot the pistol pew pew pew.

But ironically is the only chance Mercy has to really make a big game-making play these days.

Yes the one they removed before she hit live servers

Lore =/= gameplay…

For a good reason tho…

If any Mercy mains want her to get a buff we need to stop playing her. She won’t get any buffs because her pick rate is too high right now.