Giving up on endorsement (level 5 for +10 weeks)

Giving up on endorsement (level 5 for +10 weeks)

Why should I care? :slight_smile:

I was level 5 for more then 10 weeks in a row.
(maybe as first / maybe for the longest time / maybe also not that important)

The reward :

lootboxes, a couple of duplicates ( varying from 80 to 100% )
The games are still as they were before the endorsement update, maybe its even worse, You canā€™t leave if you donā€™t want to fall down, hence feeling myself held hostage in games with no healer or tank,
even leaving the first 30 seconds (assemble time) isnt alloud.

Maybe change the tutorial so people know what to pick, instead of us having to explain every game again how to pick, and getting reported because its just QP.

Even I didnā€™t know what to pick after 1000+ levels, but I did learn to press Q in the tutorial. XD

I am done with this, I was thinking about using an other account so I could leave games till I have one with teamplay and a nice map.

The problem :wink: :

I bet it was me taking this game and everything with it way to serious.

The solution:

Giving up on the endorsement system, my problem is solved.
Finally that toxic feeling is flowing away :), finally I donā€™t have to care anymore.

Hope other people can do something with this information!

Everybody shotcaller!! GL! HF! :wink:

3 Likes

You shouldnā€™t care about your endorsement currently because it has no use, even in LFG since LFG is pretty much dead. Both endorsements and LFG will improve with future iterations.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be interested if they started periodically giving out exclusive skins to those at a certain endorsement level.

2 Likes

Personally, the only people I donā€™t endorse are 5 level ones. Each one of them I encountered pick a support, fake positivity for a game, fish the endorsements then leave at the end of the game. This level has no substance, not genuine at the slightest. The system is terrible.

3 Likes

In my first opinion it was great, more huge!, specially the first weeks (10/12 weeks ago), the games were so good in those day, that I started to play my main again, after I ignored it for months, there was teamplay, and people were more nice then last month. I canā€™t remmeber that I ever did get reported, but I did get 7 last month, all about the picks.

LFG is for sure really bad in my opinion, the biggest problem with that is that you are still locked in a role when someone leave. The reason I donā€™t use LFG anymore.

This will work for some, Iā€™m not crazy about skins, I am such a guy that think its for girls :clown_face:

I think youā€™re wrong about level 5 players, I have seen a couple the last months, the most of them do look behind and do care for teammates, and know where the objective is.

True, the most of them pick support/ tank (I love those players), donā€™t we need more of those people? everybody can play DPS :stuck_out_tongue:,

And to be honest, the system did give me the option to be that positive, motivating guy, like I used to be in normal life, this is also what makes me so toxic, people donā€™t see others while you keep an eye on them. (Teamplay)

1 Like

I can see why you think that. Perhaps if they removed or severely reduced endorsement decay? Specifically the decay that occurs after not receiving endorsements for a few games. That just always felt oppressive to me.

And even removing the decay for leaving Quickplay games might help, though I can understand Blizzardā€™s reasoning for having that.

1 Like

So what was your problem with them, exactly? Them being supports, them ā€œfaking positivenesā€ (whatever that may be, imo its better to keep it civilized or positive instead of getting sweared, threatened or cursed at), or leaving after the game end?

2 Likes

I prefer people who stick with a team and do it because they genuinely like the game experience, not for that ā€˜one voteā€™. Why would I have a problem because someone plays supports ? It is the acting that puts me off.

I had a case where I met the same person in three different teams, performing the same action. Hell, even met a person with a copy pasta of a positive wall of text, pasted every game. Like, it is okay if you want to get endorsed for the boxes but donā€™t make it so horribly obvious. The point of the system is to reward those who actually behave in positive manner. Copy-pastas, acting and endoresment hunting is not remotely nearly being a good player.

Sure they should lower the decay only so the level 5 will be actually filled with good, positive players, not endoresement hunters.

1 Like

I think it got to do with leaving the first 30 seconds, I did fall down before in the first week when I did get level 5, back then it was about leaving in the first 30 seconds.

I do think this because I still get endorsement every game, also because I only play dps in a dps team :slight_smile:

Totally agree, but I think this is more a thing about trust people.

Like I mentioned in another post, they should reduce the decay amount so the level 5 will actually reflect its meaning and not be filled with people who hunt votes.

2 Likes

To be honest, what do you think when you see my profile (I can also be a POG champ :slight_smile: ) ?

I donā€™t think i ever reached lvl 3, but i donā€™t care anyway. I also always give a shotcaller to tanks/supports if theyā€™re not abusive or terrible so I donā€™t care even more D:

1 Like

I am always bouncing between 4 and 3 because I stick with one team regardless if everyone stays or leaves. In cases the captain disbands, I leave. People in my case most probably would have remained level 4 if it was not for the way decay system works but I donā€™t really mind it that much. If I truly did care as much, I would be leaving every time a game ends just to get that vote for playing my main, Moira.

Sadly so far, the level 5 people I have met did the same pattern. Pasting positive messages, playing everything except dps and leaving 2 seconds before the card screen disappears. It is just ugly.

If you mean the LFG option, then you can get endorsed only once there, if you stick with the team and you continue to play in that group. If you mean solo ranked, there is no obligation for no one, regardless of losing or winning, to form a group with random people you get as your team mates you donā€™t even know. Thats why there is a LFG option.

I guess its just a bit strange for me to not to endorse people after the game because they do not want to stay as a random team together, but its your decision ofc.

1 Like

I remember when they said that higher endorsements would mean cheaper skins for charactersā€¦ then Summer Games came aroundā€¦ and then Summer Games wentā€¦ and nothing. So personally, I donā€™t care anymore, unless they add that feature.

I do leave games mostly after 1 round (defence or attack), for me that is just because much games in a row can be too intense ( I am not 30 anymore :clown_face: ), this is also the reason I donā€™t play competitive that much.

I only look at the cards to see if my endorsements are going to the right person, but in the first endorsement will go to people that are adjust and take rare heroā€™s like tanks and healers.

I did only hope for better games.

1 Like

To me the endorsement system is a failed experiment. The first week when everyone was pretending to be nice made an impact but now itā€™s just a source of irritation. ā€œD/Cā€™d once in 3 weeks while QPā€™ing? Demotion!ā€

1 Like

I was referring to LFG. In solo queue of competitive no one really forms groups.

Solution:

Player healer on QP all the time. Its how I got to level 5 (for like one match before i went to level 4 again lol)

But why, to keep those not thinking players happy ?