Give Nano/Blade the Grav/Dragon treatment

Lol I’m a diamond genji player, I do use him.

I also feel like it should be said that genji is a flanker. His ult should not be team wiping. I would like to see his ult have a faster cast time, and be used to kill 1-2 people quickly during a flank.

2 Likes

sure… open your profile, lemme see how much u play him

Hanzo can do more damage with than his ilt with regular fire.

Reaper can do more damage than his ult with regular fire.

Soldier can, ashe can, torb can, nearly every DPS can. Your argument is silly. It is how easy the kills are that is the difference, not the flat damage numbers. Numbers are never the full picture.

No thanks, I’d rather not. It’s also not this account I use him on.

Regardless, I would be willing to give blade buffs in return for the no damage boost, but the suggestions you had for tradeoff buffs are absurd. Cc is the main counter to blade, and 50% speed is far too much

1 Like

u need to play him more to feel that blade without nano is trash

even the likes of necros get shutdown more than succed killing even 1

edit: nvm u are moira player, u dont even play him

I wouldn’t say its trash, but it certainly isn’t very good. People heavily overrate how good base blade is.

if u asking for a nerf for a character atleast have the balls to open profile and show how much u play said hero on COMP

asking a hero nerf that u never play it is just bad

I actually think this would help a lot.
Also it would make perfectly sense also lore-wise.
Hanzo’s Dragonstrike is some kind of magic, so it is with Gengus Dragonblade. And it woudl make sense that you can’t boost the effectivness of something more “spirutal/mystical” with science/technology.

The nice side effect is… Gengus blade finally becomes better counterplay, because Nano kills you basically instantly if used correctly. And the dmg-reduction from Nano would still apply to Gengu, so he still takes less dmg and get the heal.

2 Likes

I agree with you. But I’ve had my profile open before, and now I never will again. Regardless,I can say hes my second most played on my alt, and 4th most played on my main. You can either believe me or not, makes no difference to me.

But yes like I said tradeoff buffs are fine. But cc resist and 50% extra movement speed is too much.

1 Like

Lol this is one of about 8 accounts that I have that are all GM on different heroes. This is just my original account that I no longer use. Instead of hero shaming why don’t you stick to the topic. I play all supports, and I can tell you from a support perspective that Genji is extremely oppressive in high elo.

Your argument is garbage so you are just trying to discredit ours by attacking our merit.

1 Like

i think most genji main would rather revert of some of the buff or ult charge nerf

compared to no boosted ult

people pick genji even when he trash because the chance to get that satisfying feel when killing more than 3 people

i can even say ill take full revert rather than nerfing dragon blade boost

cause i most of genji main are getting used to having trash shuriken for a chance to win team fight with nano blade

we are allready accept fate by not doing nothing for 1-2 min and finally having chance to contribute by using ult

and blizzard just randomly turbobuffed him

also do u know u can 1 shot with nano boost using shuriken BODYSHOT and a dash lol, there no point to blade anymore

1 Like

He didn’t need to be overbuffed. Current genji can rmb rmb dash /get kill/ dash again to escape.

This is not the only problem with Genji.

It cannot solve the problem. Because Hanzo’s dragon is a projectile, and Genji’s dragon is Genji himself.
Ok. I can imagine 2 ways of such nerf:

1. Genji gets no boost in ult. But he will stay really because he will get healing in ult
  2. Genji gets no boost and even healing in ult. And that’s completely broken. He will use ult to nade himself and block any boost?

Also: your idea will not solve EMP dragon.

Idk, I am a little more optimistic about this change. I don’t see any issue with EMP blade because you really have to try to hit a a good EMP to ensure it guarantees blade value without nano. Where as Nano is a set it and forget it ult that basically makes the blading genji impossible to kill extremely lethal. In nlade he already gets a speed boost on top of his dash, making it near impossible to dodge a good genji without TONS of CC.

Why should they nerf one character ult because another character decide to help it? Bruh I’ve seen the usage of nanoblade so much that it makes it feel like one ult. Everywhere you go you don’t hear dragonblade, but rather NANOBLADE.

This just tells me that Genji’s without Ana are pretty useless and that Genji and Ana are TWO different characters. Not an extension of one another. Genji ult by itself is weak. Weak in terms that it has quite a few counters and you can easily get away from it or just plain troll him. Nerfing his ult because NANO is too strong is dumb because Ana’s ult isn’t Genji’s.

Even without Nano, Genji’s ult charges so ridiculously quick since his buffs. Any decent Genji will have his ult ready, ages before any coubter ult is even close to charged.

I witnessed it myself and even contributed to it.

Our Genji really knew how to play the hero and got blade to 82% while I was at 60% valk (enemy Lucio wasn’t even at half beat yet) .

The enemy ran double shield and he still got so much ult charge combined with the damage boost, he had his ult soooooo early that the enemy just got steamrolled effortlessly, so cheap.

He definitely either needs some buffs reverted or a noticeable ult cost nerf.

iirc all. the initial arrow before the dragons might be boost-able by bap window, but the dragons themselves can’t be boosted by any means iirc.

have you tried using ults to counter it? instead of just using a cooldown as a single her and complaining

Damage Boost (in all its forms) should have a cap on the total amount of extra damage it can create.

If the bonus damage is greater than 30, the added damage is reduced to 30

Ergo, Dragonblade with a 50% damage boost does 150 instead of 180.

If it’s deemed necessary for the sake of “consistency” the Cap can be per source of damage boost, so Dragonblade can be increased by an additional 30 points if another source is applied, for a total 180.

This makes the Damage Boost effect less super-effective with already lethal burst damage without impacting how it interacts with high-dps+low damage attacks.

Even if they did this, I still think his ult charges way too fast. Honestly, there’s nothing wrong with it being a deadly combo imo, but he shouldn’t charge it so fast. Or Ana for that matter. Have grav like ultimate cds and/or maybe buff lucio ult cds.

that be sick so if you nano the genji he just gets a health boost not damage