Getting suspended for not loading in

I tried to play competitive but I was stuck in the entering game screen. After a bit in the chat it told me I that I was removed for inactivity, but I was never in the match. I got suspended and it counted as a loss, there was noting I could have done. I’m disappointed becase I was doing well in my recent matches. Has anyone else experienced this? Edit: This just happened to me again. I am now banned for a hour.

13 Likes

Yes.it happend.to.me.but im.banned for a season how do i ask to unban

2 Likes

i got same today on eichenwalde

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s on the overwatch website, but you can send in an appeal. It might be battlenet support. Hope this helps.

1 Like

The new season just started (season 4) and when loading into a competitive match I got kicked off for inactivity and banned for the entirety of the season, I’ve been previously banned although it was mainly for leaving competitive matches, but getting banned because of connectivity issues is unfair

1 Like

for overwatch once you found an match you is considered already playing that match. So inactivity timer start in loading screen. Its so boring, because sometimes game stuck loading specific maps (or OW2 just decide compile shaders infinitely while loading maps) and we receive this punishment.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought the game counted you as playing when you load in. I understand now. I thought it was a problem on my side, but glad it’s not.

1 Like

Same but mine happened in comp and now I gotta win another 5 games when I’m already in elo hell

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Linking my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like

I did bro ghey sent me here because it was a bug do they read these?

1 Like

Im also having that same problem

1 Like

Same it also happened to me but i git banned for a entire season

2 Likes

they wont fix it. “as they have no way to unban you”

1 Like

It is in fact possible to have your account unbanned, either through customer support or through a developer manual review. But with the sheer number of issues plaguing this game, I doubt they have any resources left to do such a thing even if they cared to.

This has been happening to me too i have how ever loaded past the loading screen but i was stuck unable to choose a hero and then i got kicked for inactivity. And i am now suspended from all gameplay since this has been happening in quickplay and arcade. Its really frustrating since there is nothing i can do when it happens.

it happend again now i could play 2 normal games before it happend again and i am now suspended again.

Same “entering game” dead screen. And suspended after restart overwatch. Its nice to get penalties for bugs.

I’ve been having the same issue recently. I haven’t been reported for anything as I believe in fair play even when the rest of my team is not doing anything.
However, when loading into a game before I’ve even joined and am able to move I have less than 5 seconds to leave spawn or join in combat.
Because of the spawn point from the front door and most battles being mid map, I don’t have enough time to do so. I’ve been suspended almost everyday this week because of the loading time.
I don’t understand why this is still an issue/bug that blizzard is having, and unfortunately we have no control other than to not play.
OW used to be one of my absolute favorite games and each day these things happen I find myself enjoying other games without this type of issue. Maybe it’s best to find a new favorite because I highly doubt they’re going to fix it any time soon, since they have yet to.

The game consider you already is playing once your game start loading the map. Its a classic problem since OW1