Get these kids out of my games!

No they did not.

This is what you have confused.

You will not always be matched with people of the same MMR and if someone is plat for 32 seasons, their MMR will definitely be plat.

My little brother and his friend just reached diamond this season,
In overwatch 1 they were hard stuck in low bronze till the end, in 5 seasons even <500

Yes they did lol.

They literally said the game matches you on your mmr and thats why the decay is fine and ranks are useless. You now get decayed back ~700sr but will still get matched with people of the same mmr as you so even if im decayed to plat rank i still get ā€˜mastersā€™ mmr games

(I say ā€˜mastersā€™ in quotation because it ironically actually feels like gold-plat games)

That is what they LITERALLY said

If im being matched with plats, and they are the same mmr as me, how come they cant get out of plat?

I want a straight answer from someone who is trying to defend this system

Small indie company. What do ya expect?

1 Like

Did they start the match by role thing yet? That might be it. If plat dps are on one team, the other will have plat dps too. And you could end up with different ranks on the same team. They never said how wide the gap could be.

:roll_eyes: jesus christ. I didnt think it could get any worse. Bronzes being boosted to diamond :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth:

Can you see if you can grab a replay or 2 for me please? I want to watch them play a couple matches to see what they play like

Yes its console. And the fact you cant tell what rank it is nor understand what is going on, i think perfectly sums up the problem

Yes i believe they have. And everyone can look back on my previous posts and see for themselves that i called this exact problem out weeks-to-months ago.

In fact, iā€™ll do it all for yous. Here ya go. I made this post 8 weeks ago

No.

Yes the game uses MMR for matchmaking - the clue is in the name.

That does not mean that everyone you find in your game has the same MMR.

They even gave specific reasons you get people of different MMR in the same game and they specifically said they were implementing a fix that keeps MMR of players in a particular role similar to those of the enemy team BECAUSE there are differences in MMR across the teams.

Please read it again.

The part you are referring to is them saying that it is not always the case that players of different rank have different MMR. This is not the same as saying that every game has players of the same MMR.

Normally, I think Blizzard have issues with communicating clearly but this is simply you not understanding what they said (although admittedly, it is complicated).

Thats just makes no sense

What exactly are my games being matched on then?

If theyre not being matched on my rank cus thats now useless supposedly, and im not being matched on my mmr because i will get people of random mmrs in my games anyways

What EXACTLY are they using to find matches

What am i being matched on?

• pixie dust?
  • my battle pass lvl?
  • my player icon?
  • how much money ive spent?
  • if i bought a blizzcon ticket?
  • did i get the watchpoint pack?
  • what my favourite fast food is?
  • my political party?
  • gender, sexuality, race?
  • my mothers maiden name?
  • name of my first pet?

How am i being matched if not by mmr?

It makes perfect sense. And they explained it. Please read it again

They are using MMR to match you but you are assuming:

1. that there are people at every second of every day with exactly the same MMR as you just waiting to play.
  2. that people only 2-stack, 3-stack or 4-stack with people with exactly the same MMR as each other.

If these two conditions are not satisfied, then it is logically impossible for you to get a match where everyone has the same MMR.

They try to make a ā€œfairā€ match - we donā€™t know precisely what that means but based on the fox they are implementing I assume itā€™s something like the average MMRs of the teams are roughly the same.

1 Like

So they are using mmr now? Oh its a rollercoaster with you isnt it

Ok so how exactly are they using my mmr?

• They looking at it and chucking it away?
  • they pretend they do not see? :see_no_evil:
  • they reading the first number and thinking ā€˜ahhh fšŸ¤¬ it thats enoughā€™?
  • they not got their glasses on?
  • dont tell me. ai? :robot:
  • they reading it backwards?
  • are they transcribing it from hieroglyphics etched on the walls of the pyramids?
  • are they playing Chinese whispers while they cube crawl?
  • does china have all the mmr and wonā€™t let them see? I got a solution if so. Spy balloon :balloon:

I didnā€™t say MMR wasnā€™t used for matchmaking. For the second time,

You simply donā€™t understand and I canā€™t understand it for you.

Iā€™m going to stop here.

Whole purpose of a ranked game is to get most competitive experience and being thrown into matches with players way above or below just sucks. But a f2p game cannot have 5min queue so lets put gold supports into master lobbies. This broken matchmaking shows how dead the game really is.

1 Like

Yes I agree - it shows, in my opinion, the playerbase isnā€™t healthy enough to sustain appropriately competitive games

1 Like

Nope. I stopped playing this filth a while ago. I just watch streams from time to time, and try to help people wisen up about whatā€™s really going on.

#NotRiggedLulšŸ˜‚

Bruh. Itā€™s the matchmakerā€™s fault. They shouldnā€™t be there. Not their decision.

And then you admit outright to reporting people for playing badly? Bruh.

3 Likes

True, but at least by the time you play a couple more matches, the chances of you getting paired with the same guy again is unlikely

Top 3 absurd things Iā€™ve read in this thread :

• Players should be banned for something they canā€™t control ( MM screwing up )
  • Plat players are bad because they canā€™t perform like Masters in a Masters game
  • I dont like getting 1 dude in my team, but instead of avoiding/dodging queue I complain in the forums.

Cmon dude ā€¦ solution is there. Use it.
Its just that simple.

4 Likes

Dudeā€™s acting like heā€™s auditioning for the next OWL team or somethingā€¦

cool i suppose lmao.