Genji's GM pick rate is higher than Brigitte

Just wow.

Do you think he will pass Ana?

This is madness, and the Devs haven’t stepped in yet.

70 Likes

dw brig is getting back up again

3 Likes

This is WITH her getting back up. Genji’s pick rate is climbing faster than her’s is.

19 Likes

Genji went from ~4.4% to ~8% in 4 days, lol.

I don’t think I ever seen such spike.

72 Likes

I’m thinking a 20% Ult charge nerf would fix things.

Or maybe an even higher Ult charge nerf, but higher ult charge gain over time.

7 Likes

Moth? I think moth was that quick. That would be the only one though.

I don’t think even Moth was that fast. It’s 100% increase in four days.

24 Likes

let’s see who wins the race, genji, brig or blizzard balancing before we see the outcome

3 Likes

But remember.

“It’s just because he’s popular and it has nothing to do with balance.”

Yep. That must be it :man_shrugging:

68 Likes

Is that an available variable? I thought heroes generated the same flat amount over-time…

Yeah probably. Or like you said, even more. If Genji is going to keep a stronger base kit he needs a tradeoff with either his ult charge or the power of his ult.

But I’d just press revert all 4 buffs and start again :man_shrugging: 1 at a time Blizz…

16 Likes

You know, recently I discovered genji’s LORE and it’s SO INTRESTING. Also, genji is quite handsome, I think I’ll main him now. Don’t get the wrong idea, it’s not because he’s strong. I just like the hero.

25 Likes

Reminds me of Ashe on PSN before Genji buffs and all that. Doesn’t surprise me though, I always said that if they buffed his base kit to be good without nerfing blade that this would happen.

Most of the heroes have either an amazing ult or an amazing kit/gun but not both. Genji already had the best damage dealing ult in the game, and some of the best mobility, he can’t have a kit as good as someone like Ashe too.

2 Likes

Couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the 4 flat buffs on a decently performing character, he’s just soooo charming!

28 Likes

this is implying that blizzard has ever stepped in to solve the issue in time

it’s sad honestly, they don’t care at all

8 Likes

Wait…

That means because the weekly data is averaging with stuff from before the spike, he was pushing over Ana’s pick rate to get that.

That is QUITE the thing.

It wouldn’t be that hard to make it a variable. But the idea would be to make it so that Genji Ult charge is more dependant on passive Ult charge gain.

So that Pros aren’t farming blade in 30sec, but Silver players aren’t taking 5 minutes to get blade.

Genji’s pickrate was already high, but it spiked over the past few days because of his presence in the OWL Summer Showdown finals. Now everyone wants to play the new Six Paths Sage Mode Super Genji.

2 Likes

Who are you quoting? Or is it just a straw man?

What? Of course, that’s a bad thing but doesn’t that also mean brig is busted, the hero the forums always defend?