Genji powershift idea was good in Exp card :D

gee, now reaper doom torb and bastion are safe… The problem with genji is that he either wipes the floor with his ult or is complete mediocre outperformed by many in his normal. Give him more damage to primary 29 or even 30 but remove the easy team killing potencial from his ult.

2 Likes

It’s a good idea, if the TTK on normal blade is the same. They could lower the damage to 80 and give him 0.6s recovery, so that it kills the same in vanilla but nanoblade is nerfed

5 Likes

so basically the Genji “change of power” doesn’t really effect anything unless you play Reaper… or tanks everyone else is still gonna die to nanoblade lol

Nothing really changed here so it’s just a huge buff to him

5 Likes

This is really similar to an idea I had for him and I’ve wanted less power in blade for more power in base kit for a while now. So I’m curious to see if it works out for him lol.

1 Like

i think it’ll be a tough find, but i’ll give a small rundown with some of the stuff ik on top of my head, i just need to get the list again whenever i have the free time.

Typically 29dmg shurikens enables these things:

• One less shuriken required to kill for most hp pools.
  • Targets with armor still require the same breakpoints as 28dmg shurikens.

So for example… lets put 200hp:

• Typically it takes 8 shurikens to kill a 200hp target with 28. Now with 29, it takes 7 shurikens.
  • Typically it takes 3 consecutive headshots + dash to kill a 200hp target with 28dmg shurikens. Now it takes 3 consecutive headshots + dash / melee to kill a 200hp target.
  • However, performing a 3 HS + melee wont kill a 200hp target if they have any sort of armor. So going after a brig for instance to try and pull that combo would require a dash instead to combo here with the headshot combo

Another example with 225hp targets like Mccree and Symmetra:

• Typically it takes 9 shurikens to kill these targets, but now it takes 8 to kill a 225hp target.
  • The comboes are still the same with 28dmg shuriken threshold however but the amount of shurikens to kill is just reduced by 1.

250HP targets have the same ideology as the 200hp thresholds for 28 and 29dmg shurikens. Such as a 3hs into dash and melee with 28 would leave a 250hp target at 2. now with 29, a 3hs into dash and melee would kill the target. However, with targets like Torb who also has armor, this combo wont work. Essentially targets with armor take the same comboes to do as you would do with a 28dmg shuriken threshold point.

Someone like widow with 175hp does not affect any thresholds for 28dmg or 29dmg shurikens for instance. It’s still the same thresholds/comboes to do against her.

Those are some examples that i can think of on top of my head.

5 Likes

So buff genji, nerf dmg boosted blade and synenergy with mercy, reinforce nanoblade as the only blade worth using.

Idk man.

Do experimentals always go out in the game like 100% certainty?

Genji is finally viable now

1 Like

Most likely. they would only fail if they are blatantly causing the game to break but these changes are VERY Reasonable

thank god they didnt overbuff this dude like they did last year :unamused:

Alright, thanks a ton!

2 Likes

Like was discussed on other posts, the powershift it’s a good thing. Because makes his playstyle less reliant on ultimate. Which overall it’s a good thing. Also that made his ult become a bit more frequent too.

I think it’s a win win scenario with a not that huge change towards his state right now. He really needs more value outside his ult. It’s nice they testing some stuff towards this direction.

This is a very good change. Kudos to the balance team.

I’m honestly just waiting for the storm to come from this site, this day is a blessing for Genji mains but a curse for forum users

In before it isn’t enough and we see more buff Genji threads next week.

Anyway, the damage buff is fine but the ‘tradeoff’ damage reduction to his ultimate is pathetic, it makes no difference at all.

6 Likes

Changes certain breakpoints in nanoblade, nobody above 225 gets one-tapped anymore. So yeah, it changes something

4 Likes

Then ignore them. I’ll tell you for a fact that this will put genji mid tier and thats all i wanted for him.

Yes it does, if you read the patch notes as the devs stated, it does remove the breakpoints for some hero pools. More specifically the 110dmg blade now reduces the kill potential for 250hp+ pool targets as it requires a bit more effort to kill them. Talking about nanoblade btw.

1 Like

No. It’s more like 80% imo. Very highly likely but some obviously problem stuff never made it out of experiment

1 Like

In most cases it won’t be noticed.

While it takes one less shuriken to kill a 200/250 hp hero, it’s still the same number of attacks required (3 volleys)

The big change is m2+melee combo. The damage goes from 198 to 204 so 200 hp hero can be instant kill now, but the combo is rarely pulled off.

For Dragonblade, nanoblade+dash can no longer kill 250 hp heroes.

1 Like

Just tried it in exp and I like it.

1 Like

Yes you’ve stated this is “All he needs” but we’ll have to see if that’s enough to satisfy you.

It makes no difference to a nanoboosted Genji, which was the entire problem with him in the first place. In other words he has no tradeoff for his new buff, which is fine but we’ll have to see what it’s like. But just don’t pretend like his ult nerf makes any sort of difference whatsoever.

Pretty sure Genji can still 2 hit a 250HP target while nanoboosted or damage boosted.

7 Likes