Genji Nerfs will turn him into a Blade Bot once more

he’s already unhealthy, a little change might give more variety in picks and it’s outrageous. Crazy.

2 Likes

you claim hes unhealthy, but yet youre in favor of these changes that pushes him more into a nanoblade bot that makes it even more unhealthy for the character as it is? the logic!

the fact you called this nerf “a little change” shows me how ignorant you are about the hero.

4 Likes

Nanoblade is two ultimates.

Since this is a direct damage reduction and ammo reduction and the fact that Genji’s dragonblade ultimate is now more expensive than Nanoboost and Valkyrie, be very aware of the fact that it is going to take substantially longer than previous games to charge up the ultimate.

Again, this comments are bordering on hyperbole.

1 Like

any nerf/patch notes released and confirmed?
Edit: Thanks for the reply.
So the “debunked” fake patch notes were actually correct LMFAO
Sombra nerf? Good
Genji nerf? Good but wrong direction IMO. Should have RMB spread buff revoked and (29>28 OR bullet reduced)
Tanks nerf seems reasonable

No Soujorn nerf WTF? No slide CD nerf, no ret _ _ _ ed field nerfhammer?
No buff on JQ

Also when are they gonna fix all the sound bugs?
Widow’s sniper sound doesn’t make sense at all, and many enemies no longer shout their ULT

1 Like

Yea it’s on the main page of the forums

How can you tell me of all things that this is a “hyperbole?” We’ve seen what the neutral game dps reverts did to him back then in July of 2020 by making him bad. Now we are facing much lower dps numbers for genji and on top of that, we have a weaker ultimate (15% ult charge nerf + 110 dmg blade nerf). Explain to me how these nerfs dont put him back to being a nanoblade bot when something like healing itself can already negate his current 29dmg shurikens as is right now in this game?

1 Like

So if Genji had to get nerfs, what nerfs would you want?

I’ll be seeing him much less(after the mythic hype dies down) so even if he gets the nano’d more it’ll still be less nanoblade deaths overall.

Plus nanoblade never bothered me, it is two ults after all :woman_shrugging:t2:

Not him but deflect revert + passive nerf/revert

1 Like

Genji will go back to being middle of the pack, oh no.

1 Like

This is coming from someone who doesnt like genji in general, but he doesnt need nerfs. What made him strong is the dps passives.

3 Likes

27 damage is the lowest it’s ever been

1 Like

Assuming they aren’t going to remove the passive. How would you nerf to compensate nerf for it?

1 Like

Yeah, I share the same concern. Maybe only nerfing his shuriken ammo, and instead of lowering his damage, they nerf his ult duration by ~ a second.

CC has been the lowest its ever been.

1 Like

Deflect nerf should be enough tbh, the cancel makes it incredibly difficult to punish him if he mistimes it.

Fewer defenses, dude.

I’ve been beating on this drum for years. There was nothing wrong with Genji in 6v6 in OW1. The amount of defensive power was a fundamental problem that not only affected Genji, but other heroes as well. With the removal of one Tank from the compositions, Genji, like others would be in a better position offensively.

We now have proof of this, and it is evident that he’s been a problem for a lot of players so he needs some tweaks. These numbers are minor tweaks that don’t hit the threshold of his damage-range or kill speed. But they will affect how frequently he can do it.

Eh, players will still complain about it. It’s in their nature; like the scorpion and the frog.

2 Likes

TBH I don’t think those will affect him that bad
I would guess D.VA become a more frequent pick and that makes Genji’s importance and room increase

They should refert him to how he was in early 2020 before he got buffed.

that nerf if they barely touched him, they didn’t even take out that passive that dash him for free every time a COMPANION kills an enemy, exactly you don’t even have to be you, it is the most broken thing that exists and I don’t understand how they don’t take it out, or that stupidity that the reflect protects him from projectiles and melee hits.