Genji nerf Was fine and maybe not needed

what nerf. there isnt anything to talk about because nothing has been stated by blizzard, so how on earth can you say its a big nerf?

1 Like

Dude, as if the red swipes werent enough of a give-away…

Genji has a decent representation, it might just be that he moves around alot so it seems like a BS hitbox. Idk its 1:45 where I am so I can’t put together thoughts too well right now.

Honestly though, the amount of times i have shot past a genji in a clear spot only to have it deflected.
I half want it to be this way… but i will be happy with a clear indication of where the deflect ends and allow me to shoot around it

being someone who plays genji {name duh} there are times when my deflect should have been used {played the sound and everything} but it still goes though, with this it will be even harder to be a genji main as i am, for there are already 4 counters for genji that we cant do anything about

It wasn’t over-exaggerated at all, Genji’s Deflect hit-box is absurdly big. I don’t really mind whether they change the visual to fit the current hit-box, or if they take the other option of shrinking the hit-box to match the visual, either way, all I and many other people want is for Deflect to be shown accurately and consistently.

On a side note, I don’t think Genji is anywhere near OP at all. I don’t play him much at all, but I play against him a lot and he feels fair, minus the inconsistent Deflect visual/hit-box.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6nw3i0/genjis_deflect_hitbox_is_massive_why_is_this/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcrzIlZfNU

1 Like

Not to mention genji’s deflect hitbox for compensation of it being so big, has swift strike extend genjis hitbox to like 5 times the size in length. Can’t tell you how many times I swift strike and a lucky shot hits me…

1 Like

Just a hint, that was from 2016, might wanna update it so its more reliable, even if there may or may not be any changes it’s nice to have it up to date so it’s more believable.

what will? please clearly define what it is that is going to make it harder for genji.

Now to think about it, his hitbox might be curved for deflect, the animation may even be accurate but the curve kinda tricks it… Idk I just have that feeling…

I don’t think Genji’s Deflect has been changed since. If it has, someone let me know and I’ll update my post with some other evidence that’s more recent.

Lets not even get started on the hitboxes of Swift Strike and Dragon Blade.
One battle at a time

smaller hitbox now on deflect which is a key move for us as well as more and more heros that counter us stupidly so, it’s getting much harder to be a genji main by the week

that is not a genji problem, that is a latency issue. we all deal with it.

Well think about this, imagine youre being taken to court for 2nd degree assault, the accuser produces evidence from say 5 years ago, your defendant produces evidence you are innocent from 2 years ago. Which is more likely to be believed just by time alone?

how much smaller? (20 char)

yeah the video you put is kinda old, his hit box it much smaller and now it being made even smaller

I count winston, Brigitte, maybe moira, who else soft counters genji?

_____________________ Sym my dood

Mei can somewhat, sombra can, pharah somewhat, mostly light counters off the top of my head.

It’s all well and good using metaphors and similar to explain something like this, but when an ability has had zero changes in a video game, that kind of thing doesn’t apply.

To my knowledge, Genji has had no changes to Deflect since that video, meaning Deflect will still function in the same manner. It’s still concrete evidence unless Genji’s Deflect has received any changes.

2 Likes