Genji nerf Was fine and maybe not needed

1 Genji. If you’re practically hugging someone you can deflect through them.

Explain how mccree or junkrat can shoot through it then even though the projectile hits, clearly it would be out of range.

If someones hitbox gets smaller its a nerf, just like how doomfists hitbox got smaller it was a nerf. Im being consistent with this.

actually i would rather shoot the guy holding the shield, so i want to know where i can bounce my orbs of death off the wall or ceiling to kill him.
same with the ninja with invisible hitboxes on his abilities.
I want to know where i can throw my mine or my orbs so he dies painfully. I do not want to throw them into open space and have them magically come back at me because some genji main cant play on even footing.

2 Likes

here is a video showing how ioverexaggerated people are being.
h ttps://youtu.be/vi8JYZeUEY4

Not to mention it was mostly the complaints that got it nerfed.

Jeff Kaplan and the team said Genji was fine and balanced, no OWL complaints, only complaints were from the forums which in all hindsight were a small minority.

i was under the impression from other videos it was further forward - i saw a video of a genji deflect thru a reinhardt with his shield up. thats gotta be 2 genjis at least

as this video shows his hitbox is fine, why dose it need to be even smaller now?

You can be consistent all you want mate. The fact that they are fixing his deflect to match it visually is not a “nerf”

Anyways, if the dev do decided to reduce the hitbox to match the visual, I guess you have to be more accurate with deflect now.

1 Like

Well Moira’s orb is fair game if he is looking at it.

Also, buddy Junkrats mine on the shooters screen seems to phase through deflect more often then not…

Thats like saying flamestrike needs a hitbox representation, it hits close to you but the flamestrike is curved, but does damage.

All abilities have hitboxes, for example shurikens appear thin but have other boxes around it, not all representation is needed to know you will get hit.

1 Like

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAD4JzRQRRc
as seen in this video, on hanamura, if genji stands next to the gazeebo, deflect covers the entire mesh with height above and below (2 genjis tall from top to bottom)

Deflect is not a projectile, it is a shield ability, that stays on genji and faces where he faces.
Hence why i compare to shields which act in the same manner.
Deflect should have EXACTLY the same interaction, and visibility as shields.

1 Like

Please dont react like they are increasing Genji’s hurtbox by 200%, it isn’t, especially when Brit isn’t even in comp.

No worries, with Genji’s “nerf”, some characters will surely be dragged as well, just like the universal ult nerf.

1 Like

Try to go to a current Updated video as this was fixed a long time ago.

it doesnt match other abilities when it comes to deflect animation. heck hanzo is going to go super sayain just to show he is multi shotting. the hitbox needs to be clearly animated like all shields and bubbles.

ive said it before, and im saying it now, deflect hitbox is very large, somewhat buggy, and a clear animation for it would show that. now they are ready to deal with it so they are.

1 Like

the size remained the same - i was not showing the video for the wall reflect, but rather for the size when compared to the surroundings

did you not see the video? he tested it when the genji was satanding still as well as moving

I skipped around but yea I just caught it, maybe we can record something to show that Genji is fine by having a video of his exact hitbox around the deflect and draw a line around it or something to show people it isnt really that big.

i would love that because it is small as it is and i see it as a big nerf i mean with our storys i know you understand that

Or maybe they could draw a line around it in game to show exactly where the deflect ends.
WAIT, THAT IS WHAT WE ASKED FOR AND ARE GETTING!

Could only imagine all the gravs and stuff whizzing past our screen even though it was in the range of the blade… ashame if it happens like that.