Genji needs his reset

I just think transformation ultimates should be cancelable with CC in the cast animation just like projectile ultimates.

You see Genji pulling his sword, you stun him, and he keeps pulling his sword out.

I think he should lose his ultimate if he is stunned when he is pulling out his sword. (Not after he has pulled his sword.)

But this is my issue with transformation ultimates and not Genji specific. Genji getting a dash reset when he is ulting is fine by me.

1 Like

You want to know what I see during the game as a whole? I see Genji consistently getting three or four kills with his ult. Because he’s so incredibly mobile and absurdly powerful he is able to do everything you insist is so difficult and “requires skill” without any trouble. But let’s say you have some skill and are able to aim at him. It doesn’t matter because he can still use his deflect ability during his ult which makes McCree pretty useless against him. But even if you don’t flashbang him during deflect then he’ll dash through you can cancel into a blade swipe (because that is completely balanced as well, right?) and you’re instantly dead, no opportunity for counterplay.

Compare to an ult like Pharah’s. It can get kills but it’s much, much more situational, and when she uses it she’s incredibly vulnerable to literally anything. Genji just instantly kills anything with less than 300 health and can block almost any attack while he’s doing it.

But I’m the one who’s biased. Okay buddy.

I’m also very curious to see how someone defends blaming Rein and Brig for Dragon blade’s power.

or because he has a dps ult that is meant to kill things? its literally its sole purpose.

because hes a flanker and supposed to be able to get in the backlines and defend himself.

it is? he is the only hero that has to be IN MELEE RANGE and PUT IN MECHANICAL PROWESS to have an effective ult.

an ult with range and much more damage output than genjis.

you mean like genji is vulnerable because he has to be in melee range?

genji cant block and do damage at the same time. this is a straight up lie.

you keep pointing out the positives of his ult but wont point out the downsides like lack of range, necessity of mechanicall skill, ease to shut down, or overall need to put himself at risk to get kills with it.

like I said. Delusionally biased.

you point out other ults weaknesses, why not genjis? because it would be thinking rationally. that’s why.

Because Ana is strong, and Genji benefits from her nano-boost?

I agree with you, I don’t see what Brigitte and Reinhardt has anything to do with this.

I’m confused…

I have suggested this myself, would add counterplay to ults like Valkyrie, Dragonblade and Tac-Visor.

1 Like

Lmao, have you seen the hitbox on DragonBlade? It reaches a crazy amount in front of him, and enemies don’t even have to be on his screen to get hit. Melee attack indeed. It’s a bloody sniper blade.

Again, he just uses deflect and he’s practically invincible. But by all means, continue to ignore things that are inconvenient to your argument.

I’m not going to bother responding to your other points, since you obviously struggle with basic reading comprehension.

it has less reach than every other dps ult in the game “crazy reach”
in comparison to what? yeah im done talking to you, youre another one of the delusional ones.

youre complaining that a dps ult that has literally less range than every other dps ult in the game, has “too much range” youre delusional.

you know you can still stun outside the delfect box? or shoot him from behind?

again. one. dimensional. thinking.

no I read quite well. I just dismantled your arguments, and you are refusing to address it because you cant.

everytime genji is on my team

Hmm. I was with you until you started ragging on supports out of nowhere. I actually don’t think Genji needs nerfs, and I have hundreds of hours on mercy. I can’t even remember the last time a Genji ult killed me with her, because you can just pop valk and watch him struggle.

But really, if you’re looking to convince people of your opinion, don’t go the “supports are whining” Route.

wait wait wait wait wait… his dash resets when he USES his ult? WHAT? The reset on elims isn’t enough?! Just take away the dash reset from only his ult use then. Done. Use your dash to get close enough. Drop in from above or something depending on the situation.

Congrats, you just turned the ult from useful into a 1 to 1 kill trade.

The cybernetic ninja demonized on these forums as an unstoppable demon needs no buffs or nerfs. Simple as that, these forums consist of mostly support, and Genji dives supports, wonder where all the bias comes from :thinking:

Good.

He got outplayed. He made a misjudgment of when to deploy Blade, assumed that because he was nano’d he either MUST use blade or it’s “Gengu mega gosukilltime”

The Zenyatta in this situation was the SUPERIOR player, and Genji got punished badly for making a mistake

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

LOL People actually feel this warrants a thread, what the actual heck?

“LOOK I found real evidence that a Genji sometimes will get punished and ruin his DB because he made a poor decision”

Again, nothing special or interesting here WHATSOEVER.

Genji died, heroes die in every match made, this is nothing unique or special and proves nothing other than showing a sweet clip were a Genji actually got punished for making poor decisions.

Lol. OK. Not really. And just fyi, I’d seen Genji gameplay before and saw how they did the dashes, for a joke I played Genji (I never play him) farmed bladed and did the dash strike combo got two kills. It really isn’t that hard.

The problem with Genji is that he has the most forgiving kit. With his normal state, fine, but for an ult, it’s just a bit op. Like, he gets a speed boost, dash reset, deflect, climb walls, he can do everything his normal kit can plus his swift strike has stupid range. Almost every other hero has something they can’t do in their kit to make up for their ult. But Genji? na, he just has everything.