Genji is too powerful

This forum is filled with bad Genji players complaining about him being weak. This scares me, as he along with Widow feel like the 2 most overly powerful heroes in the game.

Genji has the following.

• Top 3 mobility in the entire game with 0 vertical limitation… A double jump on-top of it with no cooldown because, why not?

• The best gap closer in game, that does a crap load of damage and resets on every kill.

• The best defensive in game, which not only stops you from taking damage for a long period of time, but REFLECTS IT back to wherever you are targeting. CANCELLABLE ON DEMAND for just added unpredictability.

• The hardest (or second hardest), to hit sprite in the entire game, ontop of the ridiculous mobility and unpredicatable movements with double jump.

• A top tier spread attack making missing virtually impossible that does too much damage and charges too much ult for what it is… A virtually guaranteed hit if you aim anywhere in a 10 yard radius of an opponent.

• An ult capable of wiping an entire team. Which, unlike other, similar ults, doesn’t stop you from using your defensive or gap closer for it’s duration.

Great synergy with some of the most powerful heroes in game (Ana, Brig, Tracer, Sombra, Monkey, Rein, Mcree, Orisa, Hog), all make Genji better simply by existing.

His kit is just far too strong. People will comment to tell me that he doesn’t dominate at top levels, but, history shows that he does. Even currently he sees top level play and when he’s in the hands of a good player, he’s untouchable.

8 Likes

This game is designed around hard counters, so most heroes really won’t have any issues shutting down a genji or widow by just picking their counters. Your hard counters will always be OP/broken/etc because that’s how this dumb balance works.

Just admit you’re garbage

11 Likes

He’s actually not that good in combat. I just finished a game where i dragon bladed the back line, and i kid you not the mercy and ana just pocketed each other and that countered the blade. He’s a ‘win more’ hero in that if genji’s team is good then he’ll seem very OP.

His dry kit is purposefully balanced to be inconsistent and weak due to the ‘power’ of blade.

1 Like

So, because you’re bad at Genji and you had a crap Blade once means he doesn’t have a ridiculous all-round kit?

Come on now, be serious.

Edit - Genji doesn’t have “hard counters”, his matchups 1v1 are wins across the board with the possible exception of Tracer. Everybody else, he should beat in a 1v1 situation.
If “hard counters” means your entire team switching to stuns across the board to counter 1 solitary member of the opposing team, that just furthers the point that his kit is far too strong.

I’ll say it again. When GMs can’t handle top Genjis, the rest of us have 0 shot at doing it.

2 Likes

genji and widow are 2 really bad heroes right now.
You could have just said “I’m bad at the game” instead of this post.

5 Likes

bruh troll posts it’s almost 2022 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Kinda crazy how people are still complaining about Genji in 2021

5 Likes

agree.
he has maps/metas that +/- him ofc.
and scales with some coord unless u degen to flanker duels where gud micro is king.

main issue is most ppl can’t even practice him without getting flamed/reported. there just isn’t enough dps gametime exposure because of the lockdown the content creators (and devs) forced on us. same goes for stuffs like doom etc.

so u basically have to out micro ppl without heals/tanks in open
u don’t gitgud with heals/tanks anyway unless ur washed
and then all these ttk padding mistake buffering things and he can’t outwork ppl during his cd windows. oh well.

1 Like

People just say “Just get good he’s easy to counter”.
“Just take a counterpick”
… Well, maybe you’d like to tell that to these professionals. Who switched to Mcree, Brig, Ana… THREE GENJI COUNTER PICKS and still got dunked on by a Genji.

If 3 of the best players in the world can’t handle 1 Genji of similar skill level, how the hell are we meant supposed to ?

His kit is too much. Even the “counters” aren’t counters, he has more than a 50/50 winrate vs all of them.

There are 1000s of these videos of Genji absolutely destroying the best players in the world in his current state repeatedly. The fact that in a team game, you have to dedicate 4 players MINIMUM to attempt to counter a single hero is completely gamebreaking.

There is just too much to his kit, it’s not even arguable. You’re delusional if you think otherwise.

So… one scenario is a reliable statistic?

You know i don’t completely disagree.
He isn’t strong though he needs to be worked on in different ways, though using one example does not justify it.

1 Like

Well it’s been a while since a moderately decent troll post arrived.

2 Likes

genji has always been the most broken hero in the game, if he isnt, give every hero ability resets on elimination

3 Likes

Reaper was in that vid, I guess he’s stupidly overpowered as well? and by that logic, Winston is the most overpowered thing existence from his impact in the game.

Yeah the opposition ran anti dive characters against a dive team. To say it was all for genji is disingenuous.

Watching that vid, sparkle got dunked on any time he went for a dry 1v1 e.g vs bap, vs mcree. As for contributing to the team, all he can do is inconsistent and weak chip damage until he gets nano. Anyone, watch the vid and see how little he does without nano blade. But then, that’s kinda the point of genji isn’t it.

1 Like

we can ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

3 Likes

Brigitte at your service

2 Likes

Also gets countered by like 5 of them you mentioned

1 Like

That’s the best Genji in the world on a Top 3 team vs a bottom 3 team…

1 Like

It’s only one video of literally thousands. I posted it because it shows a top 10 Genji completely destroying a team with a top 10 Ana, Brig and Mcree…

It shows that even “counters” aren’t enough to counter his insane kit. And the reason it’s ignored is because the Genji 1 tricks plague this forum whining that he is underpowered because they absolutely suck at the game.

GOOD Genjis completely destroy lobbies. If it’s similar skill level (Which this game is supposedly designed around), the Genji will win almost every single time. And because he doesn’t win 100 out of 100, they use that odd occasion where he loses as a reason that he as a character is bad.

Edit - Because “OMG IT’S SPARKLE” seemed to cloud the reality that a single player shouldn’t dunk on THREE TOP 10 PLAYERS PLAYING A COUNTER, here’s another video of a Genji recently dunking on 3 top 10 players playing a counter pick. Sombra, Brig, Ana… All Genji counterpicks.
They resorted to taking their own Genji… This resulted in the other team also taking 3 Genji counter picks to counter than 1 hero. I don’t at all see how you see this as perfectly fine and balanced and that Genji is fine, when simply switching to him forces 2 PROFESSIONAL TEAMS to switch to THREE COUNTER HEROES EACH to even stand a chance against 1 hero on the opponents team.

It’s busted, it can’t be ignored anymore.

if he is “so strong” then why was Genji 29th in playtime during the 2021 OWL season with the lowest win-rate out of any played hero? You also seem to ignore the difference in strenght between the teams, the Fuel who got 2nd place overall played against the London spitfire who went 1-15 during the 2021 season and the Hunters who got 3rd place went against a team that went 5-11. So is it strange the 2nd and 3rd place team beat the 17th and 18th placed teams with one of the worse heroes in OWL? no. Also, notice how in the Hunters vs Charge vod neither side with a Genji on attack is able to actually finish the map?
Now we go to the summer showdown tournament, Chengdu vs Fuel in the Loser’s final and Chengdu win 3-0 even though Fuel had Sparkles’ Genji on 2 maps.
So looking at it I think at OWL level Genji isnt as good against the best teams as it is against the worst teams

And another thing

Sombra and Brig were meta during that time because those heroes are amazing in a coordinated enviroment so high chance those 2 werent primarily chosen to deal with Genji but more because of their power, Ana got high pickrate as well but got chosen probably as Genji enabler with nano rather than being chosen as counterpick.

2 Likes