Genji is super easy now?

He can get more value now, so he is easier in that regard. Though he still isn’t, as you put it, “super easy”

1 Like

Just sad… Clickbait another whining thread with someone saying genji is easy now.
Someone with a dva icon saying genji is easy… Amazing lol

If specifically talk about balance, then I go with the tradition balance around the max potential with respect to lower ranks.

Blizzard stated that they aim at 50-55%WR
So I would go with 50-55% in GM is balanced.

If Ana had suddenly a 50% WR in Silver I would be really worried, because different ranks different rules

hmm i think it’s too much saying he is super easy now my bad
but compare to 2016 genji yeah it’s easier to play him now

what is this Player icon Shaming is exist now ? Lol

3 Likes

No, apparently it should be a genji icon since what you say…

Before his recent buffs why would you pick genji over echo or doomfist? Both of them did his job better than he did. Echo can fly, has range and a beam. Doom can jump on a support and kill them in a short span of time if their aim was good. With Moira and Brig being common supports, both of who counter genji, I feel genji needed some buffs. They may have made him a little easier but you still need to aim. Moira on the other hand practically has smart tracking on her weapon.

I remember long ago Mccree got a buff to fan the hammers dmg. Then reapers pick rate plummeted. If Mccree can kill tanks up close just as good as reaper and he had more range then why would you use reaper over mccree? That’s kind of what I like about this game. One little change affects everything and it’s a big balancing act to try to keep everyone viable. Key word, try :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here I explain why I think he is EASIER. Notice this… he is not a Moira or a Brigg on terms of skill floor, but is now easier than before.

But his winrate in gm is on a decline at 53%

1 Like

If this genji was in 2016 it would be easier, but since powercreep also have made a majority of genjis counters stronger id reckon hes about as powerful as what he was back then

you forgot genji have unlimited double jump and skill that reset on every elim ( even not his own )

now they gave him shotgun

Doomfist has a double jump essentially that does damage, while echo can fly, dash isnt exactly a godsend, since it does not minimal, but not that much damage, while something like punch can 1 shot, and again, echo can fly
Doomfist and echo both ironically have shotguns, so no idea what that means xD

Doom gets shields every time he hits someone with his abilities. Being 3 he can cycle between them pretty effectively. I’ve seen dps that want genji to jump because he’s a sitting duck when he’s falling back down to earth.

55.5% WR this week, 56.1% WR this month in GM

The problem is that Genji, as a high skill hero, shouldn’t have a top tier WR in Silver in which mechanical skills are worse than average.
Does he need nerfs? Maybe
Are his days gone as a high skill floor hero? Yes

I get what you’re saying and I can agree with you but I feel we were talking about different things.

not easy, just a good hero, like every hero should be.

1 Like

what about sym,bastion,torb,soldier,sombra,orisa ? good hero ?

He got buffed and now is good so of course he will be easier.

idk if that was for me, but i didnt compare any heroes here.
every hero should be good and not considered a throw pick.
they buffed Genji cause he was considered a throw pick.

1 Like

wait genji throw pick when ?
on low rank ? well maybe since he is hard hero that is normal

Yes but im saying that its way easier and more consistent now