Genji is one of the most picked heroes across ALL ranks

Oh boy we complaining about Genji now?

1 Like

1: Being sassy and condescending and sexist towards me with “Peace out Girl Scout” is not impressing me or proving you correct.

Yet again, that has NOTHING to do with Genji. Who is the topic of this post.

2: My posts are valid as my data may have some parts missing but it’s more than enough to use properly.

To say that we need 100% coverage to use statistics is completely denying the grand majority of the field. But then again I professionally work on statistics to get results so I suppose that wouldn’t be common knowledge to people that we don’t literally poll 100% of the population we are studying to come to a conclusion.

Btw this thread has nothing to do with Baguette.

And do I read your responses? Okay let’s go over your responses I read and opted to not reply to because they aren’t related to Genji.

But let’s go through them together:

Not relevant to Genji so I PERSONALLY CHOSE TO NOT RESPOND as this thread is about Genji.

Not baguette.

Also it’s implying I’d report you and false flag you. Any flags you got from me, if there are any, are because you earned them for breaking CoC.

Because when you don’t debunk the opposing opinion’s argument, apparently they are a troll because I use math and statistics to prove a point.

And when I say that say “BUT NOT 100% OF ALL PEOPLE ARE INVOLVED SO STATISTICS ARE WRONG” when factually I can tell you from real life experience that even the government itself when making decisions like neighborhood expansion into empty land or to build a new shopping center on the west side of the city and whatever else does NOT achieve 100% coverage.

And then implying somehow I of all people am defeated. Not even close to true.

Directly insulting me. Not relevant to Genji. Am I really meant to reply to this?

Implying I am hiding my profile because I am apparently bad.

I did respond to this one saying my profile has been public for a very long time. But apparently you chose to go with the rank-shaming route to attempt to debunk my argument.

With… data that isn’t relevant at all to showing Genji is the #1 pickrate DPS hero. (Only 2nd #1 picked DPS in silver and bronze ranks.)

2 Likes

Such a good troll I honestly still cant tell if hes serious or not. Gotta give him that.

Oh they are serious that is the sad part

4 Likes

What is with you people and demanding nerfs for heroes who get played a lot? It’s like you want to ruin the game even more than it has already been ruined. Genji is not hard to deal with, and here’s a tip, when he’s reflecting, don’t shoot him! How hard is that to understand? That’s literally all you need to deal with Genji, don’t shoot him when he’s reflecting.

3 Likes

They are VERY serious. No troll would be this dedicated to typing so many words of nothing.

4 Likes

If it is a troll, they make a ton of long posts most days. I dont think they are trolling, but if so, they are one of the best on the forums.

4 Likes

Why are you choosing to make a post that isn’t related about Genji that:

(1): Isn’t related to this thread in any capacity.

(2): Personally is attacking my character, which again isn’t the point of this thread

(3): Going behind my back and spreading negativity towards my personal reputation?

Please post about Genji or please leave my threads alone.

This is a serious post that took me a WHILE to write. Please respect that.

And this post too.

Waht does this have to do with Genji?

Please stop derailing my thread. Please kindly leave if you can’t post about Genji.

And you too.

Please post about Genji or please leave my threads alone.

1 Like

You referenced multiple heroes in the thread, like saying brig is overnerfed, constantly comparing heroes to mercy. But no1 else is allowed to ask questions based on that? Every1 else can only say genji?

4 Likes

Duh, he’s asking why you’d say someone is problematic and OP while citing Overbuff, but then go on to say a character who actually IS a statistical anomaly across all ranks is “overnerfed”.

4 Likes

Yes, but we seem to have an issue here.
I realized this a while back and haven’t trusted Overbuff since.
A. It is highly unlikely for a sizable chunk of OW is using Overbuff.
B. Private profiles.
Regardless if it isn’t 100%, a sandwich with one piece of bread is not a sandwich.

This is why we dont latch our personality onto video game characters. It’s not healthy.

3 Likes

Implying specialized statistical knowledge isn’t common knowledge isn’t condescending. That’s like saying I have any idea about how the transit system even works, I don’t. That’s not common knowledge or condescending to admit I don’t know it.

Please don’t make comments about my mental health based off of my opinions and statistical and mathematical facts and figured about a video game character.

1 Like

Youre talking about mercy right?

/s

4 Likes

You need to understand something so i’m going to give a example, i don’t give a single crap about politics but if you survey people about let’s say approval rating yet you only survey the people aligned with their political party then you’ll get biased results, now when splitting the player base between those who have puplic profiles and those who have private profiles and only use the statistics of those who have public profiles then the results would be the same as i described above.

3 Likes

It sounds sarcastic. That’s why I would prefer if you didn’t say it like that, people complain about it and text to brain doesn’t go seamlessly.

But also, I just explained my point.

Genji has always been the top picked DPS even when other DPS got their METAs (Junkrat, Hanzo, etc) he was right there next to them.

The problem is you have a FPS game with a double jumping ninja that can reflect almost everything back who will either most of the time escape easily or kill you when you try to escape the majority of the time.

In my opinion he needs a ability changed (Dash or Deflect). He shouldnt be reliably escaping everything while reliably killing, same with Doomfist.

His ult also is reliable to get at least 2 kills with, with little to fear unlike other DPS ults like Mccrees, Pharahs, heck even Doomfists.

So the core issue with Genji is hes the King of all trades, jack of none if that makes sense. Little weakness but high strength.

2 Likes

You mean that thread that assumes every Genji player has perfect accuracy and inputs, allowing them to land their combo on every enemy?

With this logic Widowmaker is OP, they can inflict 300 damage every shot and oneshot all enemies.

It proves nothing.

I appreciate what you’re saying, I do understand it, that’s why I can say that this is a lot more statistically reliable than say the Mercy survey where there is a higher chance that Mercy mains responded.

This is open to the entire community so it’s not likely to just focus on Genji or Mercy mains in particular.

It’s less likely to have biased sampling involved because of it’s open ended nature.

How I see this exist? You’re literally making something from nothing. I said peace out Girl Scouts because it RHYMES.

Your posts are valid, but they’re backed up by inconsistent data. I’d say it’s safe to estimate that 50% of players have a private profile. 50% of information you’re not getting.

Once again, you’re making assumptions. I did not address you once in the post. I did not imply that you were going to report me. I also did not berate you for not responding to that post because I’m aware it’s off topic.

Confirmation bias. I said trolls or IGNORANT PEOPLE. However, you decided to make a whole point based on me saying troll, but you don’t address my point where I say it COULD be that you’re ignorant too.

Also, my analogy isn’t saying that you need to poll 100% of people, however, if you poll a group that may be biased towards their own stats, it’s obviously going to show. For instance, public profile people are usually people who boast a high sr, winrate, or something’s. If you’re doing poorly, you typically have a private profile.

Once again, you’re making assumptions. I’m giving you the ratio of private to public and telling you why’ll, however you decided to take it personally. Also, give me one instance where i “rank shamed” you. Literally trying to use anything against me.

Also, you contradicted yourself in this post, responding to points that were not relevant to genji, yet criticizing me for making off topic posts.