Genji is one of the most picked heroes across ALL ranks

Genji is a problem that needs to be looked at right now. This community is attempting to ignore one of the most powerful heroes in the entire game. Genji is MATHEMATICALLY AND STATISTICALLY PROVEN to be one of the most overpowered heroes in this thread and my other thread I link to.

He is the SINGLE MOST PICKED DPS HERO ACROSS ALL RANKS. ALL RANKS. Even individual ranks he is the most picked hero in:

-Grandmaster

-Master

-Diamond

-Platinum

-Gold

-Only being 2nd place to JUNKRAT at Silver.

-Only being 2nd place to JUNKRAT at bronze.

His pickrate and winrate are TOO HIGH and he needs to be looked into. He’s being picked MORE than commonly complained heroes like: (1) DOOMFIST, (2) HANZO, (3) WIDOWMAKER, (4) ANY OTHER DPS!

He’s consistently been one of the most picked DPS heroes across the ranks INCLUDING BRONZE WHERE HE IS THE SECOND MOST PICKED DPS.

It’s time this community realizes how overpowered Genji is. Right now Genji is overpowered for many reasons including an overtuned kit as well as copious numbers of bugs he has managed to get away with (even though Moira herself recieved a “bugfix” for healing through barriers!)

One example of a bug? Not being able to hit his HEADBOX (kind of key in a shooter game that rewards headbox shots!)

I made a thread also explaining WHY he is broken IN MATHEMATICAL DETAIL

Source:

STATISTICAL STUFF NOW

Source For statistics: h ttps://www.overbuff.com/heroes

ALL ranks:

Genji is 7th most picked hero accross ALL RANKS

He is the SINGLE MOST PICKED DPS OF ALL DPS ACROSS ALL RANKS!

pickrate: 4.87%
winrate: 51.01% (!!! This is WAY higher than Mercy’s winrate!)

Grandmaster ranks

Genji is 9th most picked hero IN GRANDMASTER. EVEN MORE THAN (1) DOOMFIST AND (2) WIDOWMAKER and (3) tracer AND (4) HANZO.

AND THE MOST PICKED DPS in grandmaster bar none

pickrate: 5.21%
pickrate: 54.91%

Master ranks

Genji is the 4th most picked hero in Master tier. !!! FOURTH!

AND THE MOST PICKED DPS in master

Being only beaten by MUST PICKS right now like Reinhardt and Ana.

pickrate: 5.98%
winrate: 52.93%

Diamond ranks

Genji is the 4th most picked hero in DIAMOND tier too. !!! FOURTH!

AND THE MOST PICKED DPS in DIAMOND

6.25% (EVEN HIGHER HERE THAN MASTER RANK!!)
53.01% (EVEN HIGHER HERE THAN MASTER RANK!!)

PLATINUM ranks

Genji is the 5th MOST PICKED HERO in platinum

AND THE MOST PICKED DPS in platinum

pickrate: 5.30%
winrate: 51.20%

Gold ranks

Genji is 7th most picked hero IN gold. EVEN MORE THAN (1) DOOMFIST AND (2) WIDOWMAKER and (3) tracer AND (4) HANZO.

AND THE MOST PICKED DPS in GOLD

pickrate: 4.11%

Silver ranks

Genji is the 9th most picked hero in SILVER even!!!.

And he is the 2ND MOST PICKED DPS IN SILVER. Behind only JUNKRAT. In SILVER.

pickrate: 3.52%

Bronze ranks:

pickrate: 3.34%
winrate: 46.32% (Easily this is Genjis’ worst rank. But that’s the same for nearly every other hero as far as I have seen!)

23 Likes

Hey OP, why didnt you use stats like that when you said tracer needs big nerfs in the other thread?

62 Likes

So? he is a high skill hero and very popular because ninja and Japanese.

He has tons of counters in the game already.

25 Likes

Overwatch Forums: Where “unreliable” Overbuff is suddenly “reliable” when a narrative needs to be pushed.

Also, before anyone takes this OP too seriously (lol) remember that they want Flankers deleted from the game and have probably the biggest bias against them on the forum. Basically, dont waste your time.

38 Likes

Disproven because they are the 2nd most picked hero in bronze and silver.

They are also the most picked DPS hero in gold and platinum.

They aren’t just high a skill cap requirement hero.

Bridgette is overnerfed and not good counterplay. Moira is also not an effective of a healer as Ana.

2 Likes

Because op hate all flankers. Only using stat when it serves a convenient purpose.

It’s like a cult of hive mind at this point.

19 Likes

Caring about bronze and silver ?.really.

Do you honestly think a bronze Genji = Top500 one?.

1 Like

Well, good thing things are back to normal.

People will ignore Doomfist and devs will continue to ignore the flanker complaints.

Win-win

2 Likes

Overbuff isn’t accurate, so all of your evidence is immediately nullified.

2 Likes

pickrates don’t equal power none of the winrates you put wer abnormal,infact they are pretty low for the most part

Lmao

Do you believe that when a city conducts a study that it takes data from each and every house? Heavens no. They pick only a few and extrapolate for the population from there.

I understand this thread may be a slight bit distressing (exposing a #1 picked DPS) and I can appreciate it, but using a statistical source to understand trends and pick out data is prettymuch not invalid at all.

No data is truly throw away that is collected and not tampered with.

So no it’s not nullified at all.

This post is the pure encapsulation of why people hate the supports on the forums.
But hey, I guess people will always want Genji’s head on a silver platter.

10 Likes

Majority of people hide their profile if there is sômethiing to hide… like their horrendously bad performance on genji. Taking out a chunk of evidence, or using inconclusive evidence is an immediate nullification

I’m sorry you insist on banging your head into a wall, trying to figure out a way to counter genji while playing someone like zen

Because I expose the #1 most picked DPS?

Sorry for using math and statistics to shed some light on the single most broken DPS in the entire game that I also went explaining in detail WHY they are OP here.

But I guess calm, rational and mathematical arguments must earn me being deserving of hate, huh?

Why would I hide my profile? I mean I noticed that you did.

I personally have nothing to hide like your post implies I somehow do.

My profile has been public for a very very long time now.

Lol. You provide tons of stats to say heroes are OP, then say a hero with still one of the highest win rates with a decent pick rate is overnerfed, just doesnt add up.

14 Likes

They’re typically hypocrites, don’t waste your time

4 Likes

As Soleil said, I thought we agreed that Overbuff wasn’t 100% accurate.
You can say as much as you want about it, but until the Developers give us some facts you can’t wield it around like a titanium sword. (I swear pun not intended)

Its hard not to :frowning:

When arguing with trolls or people who are too ignorant to see they’re wrong, I love to make them feel like they’re winning, then shut them down with facts. Although with ignorant people, they refuse to accept that they’re defeated