Genji is easier than ever!

So there are a lot of diversion in the forums on “Genji is OP or not”. Well, to be honest I don’t often enter in these discussions about Genji, because so far after 4 years playing OW I’ve never really mastered Genji and I’m reaaally bad (or was?) with him. I could not bring value to any match with Genji, it was simply too hard for me. I mainly play hitscans and although I really like the concept of Genji, I could never grasp his playstyle, so I stopped trying at some point. He was one of my least played heroes until now. It’s good to also let you know that I didn’t have any problem with Genjis. Dealing with Genji before the nerf was pretty ok.

Now, after buffs I didn’t first started playing him, but when I saw all the cry on the forums I actually went to give it a try because I didn’t think the changes would make him so different. Oh boy… was I wrong… He is actually now super good to play and easy. I’ve been playing him in the last 3 days and WOW… I can now kill reliably, bring value to team fights and actually feel useful playing him. I even got POTGs without using blade (something that was REALLY far from my skill reality). I can get average of 4 blades per normal game, differently from before where I would get 1 only and sometimes none.

You can interpret this your own way. My way of seeing the Genji buffs is: They made him a LOT EASIER to play now and I think he is a bit busted. Why? Because I was SUPER BAD with Genji, and now I’m actually being constantly the best DPS in my matches, with high kill count and damage dealt.

One thing is good: I overcame the fear of playing Genji and dying all the time. I can actually play him without any fear of being too bad…

2 Likes

They explicitly said the spread buff and shuriken dmg buff was to increase his close range damage consistency.

I guess that’s = to increasing easiness.

Here, read it yourself:

1 Like

withou reducing his ult gain.
soo genji is easy now ?

This alone would have not made Genji easier if they would nerf something else…

I feel like is super easy now to get kills with his secondary. Not that I find it bad, I’m having a blast. But I always saw Genji as one of the heroes that require you to be really skilled, to get his combos right and etc… now I basically press RMB and win as long I can hit something… And again… is it bad? Depends on your point of view.

Also remember that Genji is (at least IMO) a close range duelist… so buffing his secondary is a hude deal.

He’s also a spammer.

Maybe they should revert that ammo increase buff he received.