Genji Deflect Spam

Pretty sure deflect can stop earth shatter if genji ulted. The original post is right on many of his points tho. Once genji uses deflect he’s in control to either engage or disengage. To simply ignore is harmful.

But I do think it’s mostly fine as he would be too weak otherwise

I don’t think he should receive nerfs. But if he does then they should remove the ability to deflect the majority of melee attack options. The only problem is that if he receives nerfs then he will not get any compensated buffs so might as well leave him in the state he’s in

I see your point . I was merely stating Genji is not the most dangerous flaker there is , especially when Tracer is far better . Genji is quite vulnerablen in enemy backline unlike Tracer .

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple to switch to beams to make even the best Genji a non-issue, very simple actually.

I take joy in watching a panicking Genji jump away from me as his life drains away even as he uses deflect. Especially so when I’m playing support and my team can’t handle him so I switch to Moira and handle him myself for easy kills.

Again this is a low elo mindset, the idea that you’re supposed to predict it. Genji is already insanely reliant on deflect, an already mid ability. When he cancels his deflect he not only doesn’t have it anymore, but he hasn’t used it for the full 2 seconds. So what does this mean if you’re on low health in a fight with him? A. He hasn’t even used deflect, he’s just been shooting you, which flat out means it’s a skill issue, or B. You shot at his deflect to the point that it got you low enough for a dash kill. Those 2 scenarios simply boil down to he outplayed you. So how do we prevent this? Swapping to a beam character is obviously an option, but otherwise you should try baiting it out, be it prefiring, aiming at him or making it seem like you’re about to shoot him, other things like that. This boils down to nothing other than a skill issue

Yes it’s similar to how Mei can cancel ice block at will but loses out on healing

Yes, and mei isn’t good either, just like genji. They become throw picks at high plat

He should be flanking only when blade is up. Otherwise, Genji is just a poke bot.

Reaper, Sombra, and Tracer are all much better at flanking.

3 Likes