Genji Deflect Issue

Is there any chance that you could fix the replay system making the colour coding red for your own team it should always be blue for the team that you choose to spectate and it was that way and previous patches but the most recent purchase for some reason change that

2 Likes

he isn’t
20 characters

1 Like

You yourself run a 77% winrate on him. lol

1 Like

While Genji will definitely (probably) need nerfs, I don’t think his deflect is the issue and Genji mains seem to really like those changes. I’d prefer to see his ult charge rate reduced personally.

Of course knowing Blizz they’ll just ruin Ana in an attempt to bring Genji in line. That seems to be the way they’re balancing the game now.

Also in response to the “Of course a Genji threads gets an immediate dev response” I’d just like to say that it’s good for everyone if it gets fixed, and in fact heroes like Ana benefit the most from it.

1 Like

Not an argument. That is in 7 games, and those were before the buff applied. Besides that is my smurf so it’s even less accurate. But I have a 77% WR on Roadhog and 87% on Junkrat, does that mean they’re overpowered too??

Genji is just actually lethal and not only a nano-bot or otherwise borderline throw pick now. You actually have to be careful about him and he won’t only throw chip damage from behind his shield, he will actually kill you if you are not careful.

Apart from the fact that his blade charges at light speed so an adjustment would be good, he’s fine. Period. Learn to play against him and you’ll see he’s not so “OP”

3 Likes

Having 77% on pre buff Genji is even worse. lol
His stats are exploding in GM and you clearly have no issues carrying with him on the old patch.

1 Like

I have no issue carrying with him on the old patch maybe because my main’s SR is literally a thousand above this account’s??? That’s not an argument, Genji is fine. Period. As I said, learn to play around him, isn’t that the same argument people here used for Brigitte when she was completely overpowered at release?

His stats are in GM the most problematic. This is not helping your argument.

You aren’t helping your own argument either.
You are literally looking at MY winrate with Genji over 7 games, to say, with confidence, that Genji is OP. You’re not using a pro’s stats, not using someone with so much more games, you’re using MINE. Question mark?

Also it’s only been a week since the buff, it’s not been long enough to get accurate numbers, not enough people have played and they haven’t gotten used to it yet. That’s exactly the same when a new character gets released.

Wait for a month at least before using Overbuff. People were using Overbuff stats day 1 after the buff, it’s stupid. Don’t do that for any hero because it’s just common sense.

3 Likes

And you throw games on him. Lol

I bring up your stats because someone who is winning 4/5 matches with him has no reason to believe hes fine. Didnt know your were a smurf at the time.

His GM stats are broken, you can see that all over the forums, it gets discussed in multiple threads.

Yeah so basically the fact that I am doing good with Genji proves that he was OP even before the buff? No it doesn’t. He was a nano-bot before the buff and couldn’t kill much of his targets, this buff only changes that and allows him to actually be lethal without waiting for Nano-blade to actually do something.

Also, US OW Forums are extremely biased and are terrible, I just come here to lose a couple of braincells everyday, remember about that girl called Aria Rose? And don’t ignore what I said about Overbuff.

The time frame doesnt matter if stats blow up like that. When Sombra got buffed, she didnt have half the increase Genji got and she got a hotfix nerf. Same with Bastion when they gave him 35% Ironclad.

1 Like

Genji also retroactively deflects things that hit him on your screen, but not theirs. :cowboy_hat_face:

And me waiting for 1.51.0.0.70454

so much curious .__.

Mean while Genji mains have been waiting for over 2 years deflect hitbox bug, not to mention the hit reg bug and wall climb bug that plagued Genji since antiquity.

How will you ever live through a day without that victim mentality?

1 Like

Genji should also have a short delay after the end of deflect before he can throw shuriken again, deflect is already a very powerful ability, and the fact the he essentially gains peeker’s advantage due to ping at the end of deflect or whenever he cancels it is incredibly frustrating to play against. Just make it unaffected if he chooses to cancel it via dash cause he’s using multiple abilities, and the dash combo takes time/ skill to master…

1 Like

The biggest of brain plays.

2 Likes

what about Ana’s sleep? The sound clip lasts longer than the sleep, so it’s harder to know when the slept player is going to wake up.

1 Like