General Error 0xE00101C0

I’ve had this problem with an error code ‘General Error 0xE00101C0’ I’ve talked with people on the OW Discord and tried to go through Reddit post and other Forum posts about it as well but all came to the same conclusion with some anti virus software called “SentryBay” and “Avast” two software’s I do not have. When it comes down to SSD and memory I have a good amount. I’ve checked my graphics and im up to date on my PC, I’ve repaired yet no dice, No one seems to have a straight answer to this code that doesn’t even seem to be common.

Update: For anyone reading this, I have resolved the issue, it turns out any Anti Virus software(ANY) will effect OW, if it still doesn’t work, check your windows defender firewall to make sure the firewall allows overwatch as well.

1 Like

ive allowed it but it still pops up the error

You wanna disable or delete your anti virus software. Even if you allow it, it doesn’t change it. Anti Virus is the issue. Any and All anti virus will stop OW. If its Windows defender and Firewall you must allow OW pass it but any anti virus software will prohibit it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.