General Error 0xE0010170

I do not understand what this error 0xE0010170 is, it has never occurred before. I cannot launch the game properly and attempting it shuts off my monitor…

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

1 Like

I just got it too :confused:

Are you talking about a blue screen error?

I got the same thing today but this morning i was able to login and claim my anniversery loot boxes and then 2 hours later i got this message. tried reinstalling and done the check and repair but i keep having it :frowning:

The 0xE0010170 is a bit of a new one. There is a similar error, 0xE0010160, which is a common one that we do see. This is usually tied with the graphics card or driver errors. As some general steps to try, let’s see if these may help:

• Reset the driver settings and in-game settings.
  • Check for any video driver and windows updates.
  • Try uninstalling the video drivers using the DDU tool, then update the graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s website ( AMD | Nvidia | Intel ).
  • If on a laptop with a Nvidia graphics and switchable intel card, try switching to the intel graphics to see if this helps.
    1. Right click on the desktop, then go to the Nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on “Manage 3D Settings”
    3. Under “Program Settings,” locate Overwatch.
    4. Search for CUDA GPUs, and select the Intel Integrated Graphics.
    5. Test the game to see if it will launch.

If it continues, please include the DxDiag file. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

I’m a Korean user, but I can’t do everything. What should I do?ㅠㅠ

I first experienced this problem back in May 2020. There were no changes to my pc at all, no new softwares, no new hardware, just sudden General Error: (0xe0010170. Has anyone found an answer to this problem? I’ve contacted blizzard support and followed all of the instrucitons, and in the end they recommended me taking my pc to a computer repair store. I’d really like to see if there is a simple solution before I take my pc to a repair shop for a a game that used to work perfectly.

Hey there,

I checked the ticket and it looks like a pretty great deal of troubleshooting was done. To provide additional insight the main error we’re seeing is here:

+++ WER6 +++:
Fault bucket 1585202802862368372, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.958.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj
P2: praid:NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel

Only thing I can recommend that hasn’t been already would be to try using DDU to uninstall the current graphics drivers, then doing a fresh install of the newest set from Nvidia.

If you do end up taking it to a shop, be sure to mention this quoted error. The technician should understand where to begin their investigation from there.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!