Gamescom 2018 - Map and Cinematic theory - Utopaea and Symmetra/Lucio

Hey,

Been thinking about what may crop up at Gamescom 2018 later this month. The past years we have had releases of new maps (Eichenwalde and Junkertown) and new cinematics (Rise and Shine, and The Last Bastion). They also had that small animation/cinematic introducing Junkertown with Junkrat and Roadhog.

So my prediction for this year goes along a similar line… we know about some bad blood between Symmetra and Lucio, with Lucio being called a thief by Symmetra and Lucio’s general dislike of Vishkar industries. So I predict we will have a cinematic about the ‘thief’ Lucio, with some Symmetra thrown in, set in the hard-light city of Utopaea.

The cinematic could also act as the introduction of a new map set in Utopaea (which has been a long-favourited location for a new map). I also guess the Utopaea map will be a control map.

What do you guys think, any predictions yourself?

I have a similar guess, I think it’d be cool to have a map that’s half slums and half Vishkar’d up

1 Like

I like your guess too.

Was it ever said where the robbery that Lucio apparently committed was? I just presumed Utopaea, but is Rio was also Vishkar’d up that would also make sense.

I’m assuming he took it from their base/HQ/office or whatever in Brazil. The tech was made by Lucio’s dad who worked for Vishkar so it seems the most likely place he could’ve stolen it from

I’d think that the 3 maps would be slums, a hard-light town, and Vishkar HQ