Game won't launch

…sdgdfahgfdjgfdhfdsgfdshg

4 Likes

Hello Raz!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues running Overwatch… are you getting any error codes? Is the Play button greying out then returning, as though it tried to launch but didn’t? Is it launching into a black screen then crashing?

Please provide some details and we’ll see what steps are needed.

1 Like

Try going to the options menu and scanning / repairing Overwatch.
Had the same issue and after a scan and repair game launches

1 Like

SAme problem here.
Have the problem on two different Win 7 machines.
BattleNet goes to “Game running” and greyed out.
Task Manager has a “Overwatch.exe” item.
But nothing happens after 10+ minutes.
No AV present.
1 machine is a new install 1 week ago, and has only ever run overwatch and firefox web browser.
It did not black screen then return or anything- entirely no action after hiutting play ,

1 Like

Hello, im having a problem where i try to launch overwatch, it says the game is running but the game wont launch. it doesnt even open an overwatch tab for the game. the button stays grey and doest return to blue? could you help please?

1 Like

my game also wont open heres a DxDiag hope it can be answered soon Time of this report: 10/26/2018, 21:49:32 Machine name: DESK - Pastebin.com

1 Like

Same issue here. Resolved it by
Uninstalling Battlenet, deleted entire Battlenet cache folder in"C:\ProgramData\Battlenet"
Re-downloaded and Re-installed Battlenet

same problem, i can’t start game, i don’t know why?!
i will just try to restart battlenet launcher…

Same Issue Here Blizz. Started today. Hit play. Says game is running (play button goes from blue to grey) then it just hangs perpetually. Starcraft and Diablo are both fine. Assume the latest patch has issues as this was the only change.

same issue here. other battle.net games run fine, but with overwatch i try launching the game, and it has a greyed icon saying “now playing” in the battle.net client, but the game isn’t running. i checked the task manager and overwatch isn’t running in the background either

I’m having an issue were it I can open battle.net fine but If I try to launch overwatch the button greys out says the game is running but nothing happens and is stays grey I’ve tried uninstalling battle.net and overwatch still happening

i left battle.net open, and it did EVENTUALLY open after a 40 min wait. what gives?

same issue. i launch OW, it greys out, and says its launched, but nothing happens for 5 minutes, then it launched…

Hey everyone, sorry for quoting all of you but it is the best way to get each of your attention. There are three critical steps that I must strongly recommend doing first. Try to launch the game after each step to see if that step works.

Perform a Scan and Repair of Overwatch

1. Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
  2. Click the icon of the game you are trying to repair.
  3. Click below the title of the game and select Scan and Repair.
  4. Click Begin Scan.
  5. Wait for the repair to finish.

Perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of Overwatch

1. Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app , select the icon for Overwatch, select , then select Uninstall Game .
  2. After uninstalling, there may be game files remaining on your computer. Search for any related files and delete them. For Overwatch, these files are normally found in the following locations:
  1. Empty your Recycle Bin
  2. To reinstall, select Install from the Overwatch game tab.

Razer users: Install Razer Synapse 3 or Uninstall the Razer Chroma SDK

Blizzard has received a number of recent reports of crashes with recent builds of Razer Chroma SDK. Razer has been working on the problem for a while, and it appears to have been fixed with Razer Synapse 3. Below are steps to resolve the issue.

1. Attach your Chroma compatible device and install Razer Synapse 3 . If you no longer have your Chroma device, please contact Razer for help or follow the manual installation steps below.)
  2. Retest the game.
  3. If that doesn’t work, uninstall your current build of Razer Chroma SDK Core Components .++ Instructions are under the header for The Chroma SDK supported games and applications aren’t showing any Chroma effects. How do I fix it? If you do not have this installed, please contact Razer for help or follow the manual installation steps below.
  4. Retest the game

Manual Chroma Installation Steps
If you cannot install Razer Chroma SDK Core Components because you no longer have your device or run into an error, install it from this link . Under step 1, the second hyperlink will download the installer.

Still Crashing?

If these crashes persist, it is strongly recommend to post a DxDiag file so that players like myself and Blizzard Support Agents can get a better understanding of your computer:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

Did something work and Overwatch is loading again?

If any of these steps work it would mean a lot to post a reply describing which step did work. This will help encourage others to try those steps and will give feedback to Blizzard to get a better idea on why this is happening to multiple members of our community. So far some of these steps are working for some users, so I strongly recommend you take the time to try each of these. Thanks everyone! (^^)v

@ AYZZER
Your issue specifically is going to be caused by the Razer Chroma SDK.

P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.29.0.51948
P3: 5bbeb378
P4: RzChromaSDK64.dll_unloaded

Uninstalling Razer Chroma SDK Core Components should resolve this.

For anyone else, we suggest going through the steps provided by WyomingMyst and if there’s still issues be sure to provide the DxDiag that he had requested.

Success! Scan and Repair (option 1 above) worked for me. Thank you WyomingMyst.

1 Like

HI,
from your text, finally found scan & repair option.
That does fix it.
Previously I had to delete the Battlenet cache to get it to work, but it broke again each time a battlenet patch arrived.

CAn I suggest adding an image to the FAQ to show where it is, since options under blizzard etc does not show it up.
eg
on imgur I put example images at location “/a/RAv151w”