Game Update Stuck at 99%

Since around September 2021, Overwatch won’t install the latest patch update (thus I cannot launch and play Overwatch). It gets stuck at 99%. I have cleared battle.net app launcher cache, uninstalled Overwatch, etc.

Hey there,

So an install or update getting stuck at the final few percentage points is typically due to permissions/security conflicts. this could be something on the system or with the network. Typically a firewall or other security program. Temporarily disable all security and firewall software (On system and network to see if that allows the update/install to complete. If that doesn’t work, temporarily uninstall all security software, restart the system and network and retest. Should the issue persist you can try resetting the router/modem to factory defaults as well as trying a new Windows Administrator account.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

Creating a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Should none of that work, I recommend submitting a ticket to Blizzard Support here: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

Please make sure to include the requested system data, a clear description of the issue, as well as details of what troubleshooting you have tried already. They should be able to look into this further for you.

Thank you! This was helpful. My husband and I are still trying to figure out the network/firewall issue that it causing this; but as a temporary fix, we connected to our mobile hotspot and finished that 1% download. We can play Overwatch again now!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.