Game saying i ended in different rank and wrong reward

So I ended in Platinum 5 in S2. I just started up OW beceause i am hyped and wanted to play the new season. But the game said I finished in gold 1 and i got the reward of gold. This is kinda frustrating beceause the drive for grinding competetive feels less usefull. Is there a way to fix this?

5 Likes

I had the same issue. I ended the season Masters 5, but the game says I was diamond 1.

2 Likes

i had the same issue. i ended the season Masters 5.

1 Like

Yeah they de rank you before you get the reward instead of after. I feel like this is intentional.

1 Like

thats so dumb i hope they change it. The grind is way less enjoyable this way

1 Like

Incorrect ranked rewards is happening to everyone it seems. I finished at rank 147 for competitive CTF this season but, I only received the player title for it and I’m missing my Top 500 icon. Not only that, but the career profile stats also removed the proof of me hitting Top 500 in open queue in Season 36 as well. Please respond to this thread with your own issues and create your own posts so that I can add them to the list and hopefully we can get these issues resolved. We need to make our voices heard and make the devs give us the rewards we earned.

This has been a persistent, ongoing bug that the devs have yet to acknowledge. I’ve been documenting this and almost all other competitive bugs since Season 34 here:

Please spread the word.

I literally placed plat 5 last season and they said I only placed gold 1… how is that fair???

1 Like

While there is a general ranked issue going on (mostly relating to comp points and titles), I think what you guys are seeing is a different thing. I had the same issue last season, so let me put it this way.

You did your final 7 wins for a season and placed Diamond 5 for example. Since the ranked system is still basically the same as in OW1, if you lost for example 4 games after reaching Diamond 5, interally you’ve dropped back to Plat 1, but the game wouldn’t update your ranking since you neither won 7 games again or lost 20.

I tested it myself this season and didn’t touch ranked after winning 7 and bumping up a rank. As you would expect, I stayed the same rank.

Another fact to prove this in all these cases of “false rankings”, it only happens if you were 5th division in a rank, meaning the closest one to de-rank after some losses.

Blizz should really clarify this, it sucks.

It should also reward you for your peak rank and for each role individually, like in OW1.

1 Like

That is true, many cases of these false final rankings are due to the 7 win-20 loss system (now 5 win-15 loss system) not accurately showing your rank after every match, which can alter your rank division and subdivision if the 7-20 threshold is not met before the end of the season, causing your rank to be displayed inaccurately until the end of season adjustment. This is an easily solvable issue that can be resolved through updating your rank on a per match basis, as it was in Overwatch 1.

However, what is not acceptable is the incorrect awarding of peak rank rewards due to this mechanic. The end of season ranked rewards should be based on the peak rank during the duration of the season, not your end of season-adjusted peak rank.

Had a similar problem when I logged in. Checked with all my friends, we all were essentially de-ranked twice. Once before we logged in and got our rewards, then again when we checked our role queue.

1 Like

Lets see how true this is. I got diamond 5 just 2 days before the update. Did not play a single game as I didnt want the hidden mmr to effect anything. So i will log in later to prove or disprove this

1 Like

Same issue here. Was Diamond 5 , but got Plat 1 as highest rank :frowning:

1 Like