Game is boring and unfun

Meh, I meant kit-wise. They’re unengaging and either completely useless with glaring weaknesses or busted.

As opposed to the RNG of playing the regular game? if i had a penny for every time people complain about what other players are doing and how theyre always screwed because of it…

and OQ (since you mentioned it) is also more fun…the less restrictions the game has the better…

the more criteria you include in your list of requirements in order to have fun (specific comp, specific hero, specific outcome, specific enemy comp, specific map, specific match type, etc etc) the harder you make it on yourself to actually enjoy things (plus all the player behaviors that are born out of that environment - toxicity, cheating, leaving, throwing etc etc)

the fact that people often find the most restrictive version of the game unfun all the time is the LEAST surprising thing ever

admit defeat much? if someone like flats is saying it. does that not set off alarm bells? if flats leaves because the game sucks he pulls all his ow viewers with him. if that trends and other streamers decide to leave as well it could be the end of ow. 3 years off dead ow more enjoyable then one year off alive ow2. his words not mine

Most people hate the RNG in normal matches and put in ANOTHER payer in the game is something most people who really care about the game, do not want to engage with.

For those people. OQ does well, because its not the main mode and only a off mode that people play who WANT to play OQ. As a main mode it failed hard. Its good where it is and fun for people poeple who play it, but in terms of balance, those people dont really say something either, because it would require completly different balance patches and rules.

Competative people like a competative environment and not a RNG fest. Those people also have demands, because the game is based and balanced around those modes and if something is 100% false, then its the devs fault.

Its fine if you are super extreme casual and do not care, but please do not use this as a baseline for the vast majority of players who want rules and structure in comp and QP alike.

Only experience that its not worth my time.

ow deserves better players then you. when the game dies take a good look in the mirror and say i caused this. i was ignorant. i thought 5v5 was better. the actual ow players deserve the game we played and enjoyed for years. not some watered down revenue machine.

This statement alone makes me think you’re the type of person who plays this game everyday (not hating, I do the same).

If that’s the case, you likely just need a break. That doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you or the game, it just means you’re human and doing the same thing everyday is starting to get to you.

If, on the other hand, you dont play every day but you’re still feeling this way, then the solution is fairly simple at that point, particularly when you consider this game is free, and no one is forcing any of us to play.

And direct to insults. Its simply that it not worth my time to argue with someone about the state of 5v5 and how fun it was in seasons prior, if said person hates 5v5 in general and still lingers in the past. We dont discuss 6v6 so why should I even listen to that what you have to say, if thats your only argument?

Hope you understand it now better.

Both are fair points, but I think the main problem is that people dont want to take a break or leave. They want something to happen and the devs to do something.

They are designing characters with automatic/unmissable healing with busted abilities (Kiriko/LW). This makes the game boring to play as and to play against. Pick any dps and go against Kiri/LW. You have to wait their waste their abilities before trying to kill them.

While playing Ana/Bap is heaven or hell if you miss your shots, and that’s what make them engaging/fun to play as.

1 Like

its not complained about because most people dont play it.

They dont need you to tell them to play it either. Everyone knows its there and what its about. they would be playing it if they wanted to

Since you’re all about stats, where are the stats that we’re around 90% of people? I’m not necessarily refuting that claim because I don’t know. But I’d like to see how you came to that conclusion.

Fair point and I made it up, but what do you think its the percentage of players who play the core mode of the game in opposition to players who play modes, that people sometime even forget that they exist?

If I would not see Baja praising MH from time to time, I would have forgotten that it exists, same for open queue. And I am not a casual player, who will mainly know QP and comp and sometimes an event mode because its advertised on the screen.

And OW is full of casual players.

I do think it’s far more players in the core of QP/Comp than MH or any arcade mode. I just start wondering where stats come from because most stats that I see are made up in an attempt to drive a point home.

i never get bored of overwatch 1 even when stoped getting content, ow2 seasons are boring after one week, no reason to come back, just play the few new things it gets at the beginning of the season

1 Like

I feel you. It’s a shame, too. I actually loved just a few seasons ago when they introduced the increased health/loosening of hitboxes/etc. Not because I liked the decision, but because it scrambled the meta. You need that in these games. And it’s unrealistic and unfair to demand the developer team to make drastic, system-shifting changes every few weeks…

…but its now at the point of stagnation again. s10 was a slight difference from s9 and s11 is a near-direct copy of s10 minus Roadhog. It’s so horrendously stale and boring, and I absolutely agree: there’s almost 50 heroes in this game and the same DPS and Support are played every game. It’s tiring. Tank seems diverse, but they have to do the swap dance so meh.

It just proves to me that they need to stop seeking “perfect balance” and opt for a more “spin a wheel” approach to each 1/2 season, where they intentionally buff a few underperforming and a few random heroes, nerf the ones that were overperforming, and throw some wrenches into the meta to swap stuff up. Because, if not, you just get these loser sweaty meta slaves that HAVE to pick the S tier heroes, and do so for season after season (Tracer, Sojourn, Cassidy, Kiriko, Baptiste).

It actually can be more challenging then the real game…

so I personally see a lot of bastions, echo’s, torbs, meis. In my games around high plat and diamond.

And I also play most of those heroes. Even top 500 their are dedicated players for said heroes.

That and pick rate wise, the heroes you mentioned are only factionally more common then their competitors.