Game gets really bad between 2250-2499

Why does that game get so bad once you drop from 2500? I’ve noticed it in previous seasons and it’s even more apparent now with role queue where my tank rank is now in this hell hole.

1 Like

New accounts drop in at 2350 or so, so there are a lot of accounts in that range that don’t belong there.

4 Likes

I was just about to make a topic about this. You :clap: can’t :clap: start :clap: new accounts in the middle of the pack. You certainly can’t start them at the top. So the only answer left is to start them at the bottom.

1 Like

2500 is weird place, even when my elo is high plat/low dia i am on alts usualy stuck around 2500 for a while. Cant say really exactly why is it so bad. Maybe from various reasons as games at 2500 are often formed from low gold people up to diamond, so there are big gaps in skill. New accounts are placed there often too. New people who will be placed there and be super bad and higher ranked on alts placed there too low below their elo.

On top of that its border between gold and plat and a lot of people is salty they cant get past it or they dropped from plat.

1 Like

I just spent 15 min to enter one game b/c the first one we entered had a player missing from teh beginning…Blizzard is so bad at everything they do smdh

Then second game I finally got in we had a thrower from teh beginning b/c he didn’t like our tank choice bahahah this is why people are toxic and dont’ give af about this game. Easy to troll in this pos Blizzard game.

That’s gold for you!!!

LoL you should try sub-500 where I’ve been since day one. Nothing but top 500 pro-level smurfs all over the place.

Except you can’t sell duplicate accounts easily unless you start them in the middle… So the middle it is

1 Like

this may have played a factor in their decision making although I don’t wan to believe it :frowning:

when they start new accounts in the middle, it’s better for the system as a whole, but it’s worse for people who actually are at a skill level that’s right in the middle.

well established 2350sr people have to filter out the deluge of new accounts, that’s sadistic

1 Like

Yup. I’ve been saying this for a while now.

The final outcome of SR will be a bell-curve, but throwing everyone into the middle under the assumption that they’re “average” is a god awful way to start.

I’ve run into tanks that are low-Diamond (bronze border, so it’s a new account) that don’t know how use cover and make calls, and are far worse than experienced high-plat tanks who know better. Or worse, keep back-pedaling into DPS and support positions, because that’s how they normally play.

When I first started working, I didn’t get thrown into a middle-management position under the assumption that I’m “average”. That would be stupid.

1 Like

I don’t know how these inexperienced Tanks could get to diamond just to fall back down to 1700sr.

a new account starts at 2350sr. It’s a good way to do it because there is a 50/50 chance that new accounts are better/worse than 2350sr.

It’s really the best way to do things EXCEPT…… if you are a well established 2350sr player, then it’s the worst possible idea lol

I don’t know either.

But when we went from beta to season 17, everyone without exception noticed that their other roles SR were pretty much the same as their main role.

I’m not sure how it works for fresh accounts though.

1 Like

yeah but what are they saying now? the first two months of role queue stories should be thrown out. The MMR has had time to settle now. Now it’s time to start asking questions.

I really don’t know what you eluding to in your reply though lol

I can’t imagine any player having a difference of more than 700sr between roles. Unless they are doing it on purpose.

I thought you were saying that new accounts should start at the bottom, which I agree with. But plenty of players can have a 500 to 1000 SR difference.

Maybe not at the bottom, but I know that I’ll never play at a Diamond+ level for DPS no matter what (exception maybe Sym and Torb). I could do it for support or tank if I practice enough and get some coaching.

2 Likes

I am stuck here as well. Neither as a tank nor as a support player, i cannot go up. Win-lose-lose-win… Keeps going like this.

1 Like

Still getting rolled on tank… Healer and DPS ok. Such trash. Spawn camped.