Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

any news guys ? so mush to read above .

no news still dosent work

2 Likes

sad, its been 7 days ā€¦

3 Likes

Hopefully weā€™ll get something this week. The commands work for me but It be nice to have all my frames back

1 Like

For me the commands donā€™t work at all, still crashing each 2/3 games

Have same problem, nah, so dissapointing, was waiting for battlepass but with this issue is not fixing, just NOā€¦

1 Like

And its really frustrating that they are ignoring and dont respond, 7 days lol, never had any problems in OW1, and in beta ow2, but since 4 oct its such a MESS.
Feeling like getting scamed for paying a 40 -60$ for a game that was playing perfectly with 0 issues, and now its GONE and instead get forced to install an unplayble ā€œgameā€, WOW THANK YOU BLIZZARDD.
I will miss you old OW1

2 Likes

whats your core and thread count?
and what command are you using?

did you post a dxdiag?
Are you overclocking? what are the cpuā€™s core temps running overwatch?
are you running overclock over the xmp?

i know you have a unsupported cpu
whats your memory
are u using igpu or dedicated

read all of this post and the sub post thats linked in it. (5 min read)

For me, this update fix sounds loop but still game freezes

Still getting this after trying the low settings, disable hyperthreading, disabling background programs/services, adding the exe boot codes. Trying a full uninstall of Overwatch and reinstall now (hoping that Iā€™m uninstalling OW1 and reinstalling OW2 as my installed version just said Overwatch). If this doesnā€™t fix it then Iā€™m locked out of OW2 until Blizzard fix this.

1 Like

Thank you, heroes. Let's talk about our next steps for Overwatch 2! - News - Overwatch Donā€™t worry guys, weā€™re getting a free skin. Canā€™t wait to look at it for five minutes before my game freezes! But joking aside it says thereā€™s a patch this week so hereā€™s hoping.

10 Likes

Bro i cant stop laughing why is that what you wrote so funny xD

ok guys i think i found the problem

i opened task manager and windowed overwatch next to each other and what i see is a huge spike in GPU thay stay %100 for seconds, also if someone can confirm he got the same issue

1 Like

it wont hurt to turn it down a bit. but high gpu loads are k as long as your not dumping a load of heat into the case. big spikes on gpu loads arenā€™t that uncommon on load in.
if your think your pc is about to take off due to fan noise constantly then yeah maybe its hot.

are you taking about GPU 100 or gpu mem100%.
there should be loads of steamers talking about card performance and fan speed and setting for like normal operation.

But thermals on the cpu cores and heat dumped into a case and maybe on the dimms in overclock is what would worry me more. a gpu is usually smart enough to thermally throttle with drop in frames, a cpu will straight up shut down to save itself and give system instbility. some people use psus thaat are over 8 years old and they go bad with time. usually via a demanding gpu dumping alot heat in to the case (heat lowers the power supple efficency hence why they reccomond 15-20% over the total system TDP.

there various tdp calculators on the internet as well as pc part picker. the sudden surge on the psu on a older end of life psu will cause trip and shut the system down.

but that gpu doesnt sound bad,

an last semi extreme measure another user did is a scan and repair of the windows registry files done via windows update. just back up import stuff first in case things donā€™t go as planed.

It fixed there problem.

Guys, having a GTX1060i and also an I3, the thing that helped was, curiously, disabling Nvidia reflex. Iā€™m 7 games in and everything is working as it should!

I never even switched it on.

but good to know

it came enabled here, as soon as the game launched. I hadnā€™t thought to switch it off because some people said it helped before