Game freezing after death

I hadn’t gotten a chance to play since the patch, figured I’d log on and see what Rialto was all about. Started as widow, changed to reaper, experienced this crash during my first death on reaper. I only mention the details because someone else mentioned crashing during role swap, perhaps it occurs if you die(or are still dead) after changing heroes.

Bit demotivating, logged back off and won’t consider doing placements until it’s been fixed.

The local Blizzard person on the subreddit just told me they’re “not tracking any crashing issues at this time”.

Is that right? None? I’m astounded. Clearly there’s an issue.

H ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/windows-update-version-1803-borderless-window-mode-broken/93533?u=vash-2336

Here is the root cause, are you guys all on Windows 10 ?

They totally are looking into it. Please check this thread for current updates:

That may be an issue for some, but others are having no issues with Borderless Window mode. The thread I linked above has the most relevant info to the current, freezing and crashing issues.

Happened to me as well, about 3 or 4 times total in the last 2 days, if my memory serves right. Doesn’t depend on map. I have the newest Nvidia drivers + the new Windows 10 creator’s spring update.

Same Bro :roll_eyes:

Fourth time it’s happened to me now. Banned from comp for 8 hours. I’m livid. Not only did they let through a MASSIVE bug that’s effecting a seeming majority of games, but they’re harshly punishing us for their mistake. This is unreasonable and completely unacceptable. Blizzard, your game is literally broken. Fix it.

A big troubleshooting guide by Blizzard Technical Support was just posted a few minutes ago. I recommend checking it and heavily advise not playing competitive until the issue is resolved.