Game end cards need serious overhaul

Activision can you please update the card system? I would ask Blizzard but they no longer exist.

It is the same system since season 1, when I get damage blocked or eliminations card with 4 gold medals it’s bad. Where is my card for getting gold damage and gold healing in a match? The system is out dated and it could use a bit of love which I’m sure people would appreciate. Blizzard would do this for their fans, but now that it’s Activision I don’t know… sadly this is probably the last Blizzard game I will ever play.

1 Like

That’s weird, shouldn’t you get a 4 Golds card instead?

You would think so , but very often you don’t. I’ve had damage blocked, eliminations, a ultimate card instead many times

As an example as a healer if you have the highest healing in the match (not on your team, the match) then you’re most certainly doing your job, you could have 4 golds and trash heals so it’s not as good.

4 golds is the glamour card, but it’s not rewarding glamour, it’s rewarding excelling at your role.

Think I’ve even had 5 golds and card for defensive assists before. It can seem silly, but really it’s just trying to reward team based behavior.

Only downside is you win more popularity contests with the golds, but meh.

If you have 4 gold medals regardless of your role you are helping your team a lot. If you are going to recognize me for my contribution don’t just pick 1 of my 4 gold medals when there is a 4 gold medal card available. I think the whole system could use an overhaul though, it would be an amazing patch.

Not if they’re all dying around you whilst you DPS Moira for the golds.

Speaking as a Healer/Tank main who has expected it on occasion but gotten “damage blocked” or “defensive assists” instead, I feel it often blocks you from getting this card specifically so it’s not waved in the DPS-main’s face. Which is fair, I guess…

ya if you have a DPS moira and team doesn’t know that you are DPS it’s not good

I mean, I sorta understand your rage but if you ever want to be taken seriously then I would leave remarks like this out. It completely puts a dark cloud over anything else you want to give input on.

I have been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft 2, I did not need to post the obvious when they were in charge. I understand your point though and it’s valid.

I think the card system looks at statistics from both teams before giving out cards for 4 golds. You may have 4 gold medals for leading your team in those 4 categories, but if you wouldn’t win golds in those 4 categories on the opposing team as well then I don’t think it’ll award that card to you. I think that’s how it works anyway.

But it’s not the obvious. I’ve posted why I think you’re wrong. That doesn’t mean you are wrong, it’s just opinions man, but it certainly means its not obvious.

Gunakor you are probably right in terms of how the algorithm works. I think it’s dated though and has never been a point to look at in development since release. They have MVP card probably the hardest to get because you have to be on fire for a high % of the match and you basically see that card like every 50-100 games.

I’d much rather just have stats straight up, but it’s a marketing mechanic to not show stats to appeal to the masses. Pretty sad considering they are trying to do esports though.