Game declared officially dead?

Source "dude … trust me".
I love how people get mad with the game and start making up things with no evidence. Nice.

2 Likes

As soon as they start adding content on a regular basis, communicating with us, releasing updates more frequent, start improving gameplay (removing visual clutter, adding footsteps, removing anas abilities, making sojourns hitbox triple its current size etc etc. Knowing their ego, itll happen way too late.

Ah, yes… the arbitrary number in your head is getting lower because you cant stand the game anymore. Completely understandable. But thats not how reality works. Otherwise WoW would be declared dead 10+ years ago.

1 Like

Why do you care to come in and raise the question? FWIW, going to F2P ensures it’s survival for years on end. You say “obviously dropping hard” what evidence for this? If by measure we mean the kiddies at the bus stop aren’t endlessly droning on about it, it’s “dead”, then that is true for years.

How do we know?

Sure like every game the hype lasts a few weeks and a bunch of people go back to playing what they were playing before, but that doesn’t mean the game has being dying big time

If people are quitting over prices though, then maybe they’ll come back if prices have been reviewed

Why would you wish a franchise you like to die? Forum people are weird.

My experience though is that the game has insane fast queues right now so I think it’ll live for quite some time

And you know because you are the fun expert. :roll_eyes:

I watched OWL yesterday and there were like 200-250k people watching.
I can´t remember when OW was so popular lately.

Anyway, i hope they understand that it is only becaue of free2play and that OGs want 6v6 and lootboxes back!

Im starting to lose interest too, Im playing and reached top 500 and I kind of don’t know what else to do after I max out the battlepass. There are no new weapon skins to grind for, nothing can be earned by playing the game unless its the battlepass. Playing comp for the heck of it is boring honestly, I cant mindlessly play games without any reward. A title or emblem doesn’t really motivate me to play. I started playing cod a few days ago and honestly I rather just play that over overwatch, at least I can actually unlock stuff for playing the game.

1 Like

You can play other games without being forced to grind, win win!
Game is not dead, won´t be dead on season 2, so great news. Thanks to that I will be completing 2 BPs.

I dont have numbers to back this up, only my personal experience but here’s my guess:

Numbers are high with incoming players trying out a ‘new’ F2P but the problem is that those players need to be retained.

The team dependent gameplay, rampant toxicity, ridiculous store prices, and really meh battlepass all probably mean that new players will move on quickly unless something is done.

Completing 2 battlepasses? The first one goes away you know. You wont be grinding 2 battlepasses, you will only be allowed to grind the next one lol.

Yeh Apex and OW2. Those 2. Because OW2 is not that long and Apex is 3 months, easy, zero grind, normal gameplay with friends.

Oh ok, I mean sure if you are a casual gamer. I don’t play that many games, I get good by sticking to a few games. It would be impossible for me to reach top 500 on overwatch if I played a ton of different games.

If T500 is your motivation, then thats it.
I only know of 1 dude that got that, Pred in Apex and Radiant in Valorant : Linkzr.

But then again he is a streamer :smiley:

Heehee 10 years. People were declaring WoW dead with the AQ patch in classic 15 years ago and then in BC and every following patch in BC and then in Wrath and basically every event in WoW made people declare it “dead”.

Its not enough, reaching top 500 means nothing if there is nothing to play for. Im not a streamer, I just enjoy mastering my skill as a player. I do like to be rewarded though, bragging rights on a video game is pointless to me. I just wish blizzard would’ve added more skins to weapons. Gold is not enough, I want higher tier stuff like diamond, platinum, black matter etc. that would’ve given me a ton of motivation to play.

Blizz stopped releasing data to the public back when WoD came out. WoW subs plummeted below Vanilla launch numbers within the first quarter of WoD’s release. So they decided to stop sharing that information.

The game will be on a big decline long before they release the first part of PVE. I’d say sometime into season 2 when the hero behind pay wall becomes an issue - as not even the existing OW1 purchasers will get the hero free.

1 Like

Well. OW never really died. So I dunno.