Game crashing seconds after starting a match

Looking for some help with this. It’s unbelievably frustrating and I just lost 50 SR and got a 30 minute competitive ban because this is the second time my game crashed the moment the match started.
It’s inconsistent so it’s hard to pinpoint why it happens. It’s normally my first game but not always.
This has been happening for months now and it’s kinda making me upset :frowning: all I wanted was to try and keep climbing but instead got a big fat error, a bump back into silver, and a stupid ban.

Crashes are no fun, but unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Now for crashes we may be able to help identify, correct, and prevent that crash from happening again, but we need details to it. For example the specific error message is very helpful. Or if you got a dialog that looks like this:

Blizzard Crash Dialog

Please consider sharing the log number below the form. Alternatiely these steps may help: