Game Crashing Due To rendering issue

Great feature as i lost a combined 100 points cause the game thinks i left when i actually dced at the beginning. it says something about a rendering issue and then closes the game. my computer isnt the issue and has only happened to me since the last patch. in one of the games i reconnected and picked a hero only to have the game tell me i left and it closed the game and put me back in the lobby. until this thing is fixed i cant see myself coming back and playing ranked when the leave negates about 3 wins and makes it frustrating to even try. why does blizzard have a rejoin option if it clearly doesnt work?

1 Like

100 points? For me it crashes every day since the summer update. I lost about 600SR points already.

In fact, last crash happened 2 minutes ago :joy:

Same thing is happening to me; I would assume. I get an error popup but I actually can’t view it being Overwatch freezes all together and I have to End Task on my second monitor. On top of the disgusting Lucioball hitreg, the game isn’t really worth playing since this last “bug fix.”

1 Like

Wow, it crashed again…
This time though, I got BSOD for the first time.

It said dxgmms2.sys error, isnt it related to DirectX12? IE its actually game what is causing it?

For the devs:
Changed absolutely nothing, installed no new programs.
All changed was:
1.OW Summer games patch
2.Nvidia new driver

Same thing is happening to me; I would assume. I get an error popup but I actually can’t view it being Overwatch freezes all together and I have to End Task on my second monitor. On top of the disgusting Lucioball hitreg, the game isn’t really worth playing since this last “bug fix.”

Actualyl same with me completely.

i changed nothing on my end as well. Just the threat that it can happen at any time is really frustrating to deal with. Also the fact that it probably takes less than 20 seconds (for me) to reconnect to the game so even if i make it back it still labels me as a leaver and i lose points regardless even when most teams are still trying to figure out what comp they want to run.

I used to have this issue all of the time on my old graphics card. It was one of the Nvidia GeForce ones. Can’t remember the series.

Pretty much any time I would have to update the driver it would cause that. There’s a list somewhere around here of things to check to try to lessen it, but none of them worked for me until I switched graphics cards. Hasn’t happened once since then and I didn’t even get a particularly fancy one. Just some AMD one from last season or something.

i just got a new computer and went from a nvidia 770 (where i never got this crash ever) to a nvidia 2080 ti (and its happened a few times)