Game crashing after season 10 update?

Updating the AMD drivers looks like help. Was needed the , Adrenalin Edition " update, if help…

Has anybody been able to fix this without updating their drivers? I’m not opposed to updating my drivers, but the latest update for my graphics card (AMD Radeon Pro 5700) is a modified installer from a third party website (bootcampdrivers) and the last build is October 2023. AMD does not support drivers on Windows for this card, by default it uses the Mac Bootcamp AMD driver which practically can’t run any game at all. If not then I suppose I just have to wait for the drivers to be updated.

Edit: I should clarify these are official AMD Adrenalin drivers, just the installer is slightly tweaked to detect and work with my GPU, as the official AMD Adrenalin installer does not detect my GPU.

1 Like

Hi! Same issue with my ROG laptop, I don’t have ADM to update and all of my drivers (and graphics card) say they are up to date! My CPU is also functioning as it should, with no overheating. Tried to install and uninstall the game but it didn’t work, also tried to install it through Steam rather than Battle.Net and the same issue has popped up, even after deleting all of the game files on my laptop for OW. No idea what to do now :frowning:

I’ve had the exact same thing happening today. It has to be a server sided issue cus i have:
scan and repaired the files, reinstall the game, updated windows, check steam (still keeps on happening), checking gpu drivers and running the battlenet launcher as admin and nothing worked.

1 Like

Everything is up to date. I get into the game for a couple seconds and it crashes. I thought after almost a day they would have it solved, but no. I have not got to play a single second since the update. Was working fine before it.

1 Like

Hello Existing! Thanks for uploading your crash reports, and sorry you are having issues. It looks like your AMD driver is dated from last year. Could you try updating to the latest drivers on the AMD website, and see if that helps?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello OpalOnix! Thanks for uploading your crash reports, and sorry you are having issues. I took a look at your latest crash reports, and your AMD driver is reporting a date from last year. Could you try updating to the latest drivers on the AMD website, and see if that resolves your issue?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I updated and reinstalled my AMD drivers, scanned and repaired, uninstall and reinstalled the game and tried launching it though steam, nothing has worked, at most ive been able to go in the practice range before crashing but now i cant even launch the game without the “application encountered an unexpected error”, i dont know what else to do

Hello SeaGoatGames! Thanks for sending in your crash reports, it’s very helpful! I took a look, and your latest crash report is showing an AMD driver date from last year. Could you try updating to the latest driver on AMD’s website please, and try running again?

Thanks!

2 Likes

i tried all the same things and nothing changed it wont stop crashing on start up…

1 Like

Game works after update gpu from website instead of from task manager.

I have the same issue. Now I try install new graphics drivers. However is it matter if I use windows 10 or 11 to play Overwatch 2 now?

D9FC8911-5537-4983-9054-3EB304CFBDAC

Same here since last update its always crashes

after new driver install for amd drivers i got this

64E17FC7-9593-4486-A1A3-5447C0A4A698

i tryed amd cleanup tool and install all amd drivers new newest they have. still instant crashed after update

B0EE7319-8E79-4755-BFAD-0E1FE52E7255

1 Like

I was having this same issue last night when the update dropped for me but updating my AMD GPU driver fixed it.

I’ve still not heard! Could you let me know if my system needs to update anything? Thank you

TL;DR: Crash reports sent. Running 4090, graphics drivers updated. Currently running everything on LOW graphics just to stop getting crashes and suspensions.

If wonderful Bruce Wilkie :heart_eyes: would bestow upon me the checking of a few crash reports (think I sent 2 of about 10) then I would be absolutely thrilled.

These happened both before and after the season 10 update. Graphic drivers are updated, running a MSI Suprim 4090, i9 13900k, 36GB RAM.

Thus far, the ONLY way I have been able to get the game to stop crashing for me is by putting every setting to low and capping FPS to 145!! - This has prevented MY crashes, at least for the meantime to allow me not to keep getting kicked and having 4 hours suspensions (nearing that new 48 hour one!)

This is obviously not how I would like to play the game especially when having a high end gaming PC.

PS: My Bios is old (2022), bit nervous about flashing it incase I brick MB (electric wiring in house is not so great) but may do if it’s proven that is the issue.

4 Likes

my game had crash issues before the update, i sorted it and its now crashing after the update, either my game will just close or it’ll say it’s crashed in the graphic driver but i got the latest GeForce driver, any ideas?

I’m having the same issue (Game keeps crashing, error message says something about my drivers) Does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I’m on Windows 11 with an AMD Radeon driver

I downloaded the latest available driver but it caused my game to run at 4fps, so I had to switch back

I’ve tried updating my drivers, installing a new driver, reinstalling overwatch on battle.net AND on steam, freeing up as much memory as possible incase that was the issue

same it not fixing i think it time to quit forever

buy a new gaming pc work for me