Game crashing after season 10 update?

Hey found a solution. I have a AMD GPU. I googled “how to reinstall amd gpu drivers” and clicked the amd website link and installed stuff. Let the app do it’s thing and the crashing stopped. Not a tech expert but it seems like re installing GPU drivers fixes the issue.

2 Likes

My game is also crashing after about 5 minutes of it being open. It gives me a pop-up that says “application encountered an unexpected error” and then closes. I’ve already tried updating my graphics drivers, reinstalling my drivers, and restarting my pc and nothing seems to help.

1 Like

OK I searched for any updates in the AMD software and there were a couple of them. After I installed it perfectly worked

1 Like

IT WORKEDD, Thank youuu

what did you do to get it to work?

I did have this happen. I ended up unpdating my graphics driver, uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting my PC. It solved the issue.

Hopefully this will get fixed by the devs. I don’t like to uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers, especially because I use another software that tends to be quite a challenge to set it up again.

im having the same issue

Hello NevermoreXO! Thanks for sending in your crash report. I took a look, and your AMD driver is reporting as a version from 2022. Would it be possible for you to try and update again to the latest drivers?

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue and did everything I could to fix it. I went through and updated my drivers and it still hasn’t worked. Also deleted and redownloaded battlenet and still nothing. Even tried downloading through steam and am having the same issue. It’s weird because my friends can play the game the issue seems to only be affecting me unfortunately. Do we know if this is a blizzard problem or is it something I have to solve myself?

1 Like

Hello PeachBlossom! Thanks for sending in your crash reports! :slightly_smiling_face: Would you be able to try updating your graphics drivers again? Your AMD driver is reporting as a version from last year.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I also had this problem where my game would crash within a few seconds of opening the main menu. I successfully fixed it by upgrading my AMD driver version. I was on a version from 2023 and I updated just now to 24.3.1 which was released in March 2024, and now it hasn’t crashed since.

I have an AMD Radeon RX5700XT.

I reinstalled my drivers too and the only difference is that the game froze before I was about to load into a map instead of on the loading or home screen. But now when I try again it is back to freezing before I can even queue into a game. This has been going on for a year and a half for pretty much every new Overwatch season. I don’t get how they haven’t fixed it yet.

Same I just updated my drivers an hour ago and did everything to fix the crashing. I even re-installed the game to see if that fixed it, it didnt at this point im just gonna wait a day :frowning:

1 Like

Same and don’t tell me to update my stuff I did aight

I could’ve sworn I updated it, whoops! Regardless, I reupdated/reinstalled it again and restarted my PC and everything seems to be fine other than the usual shading cache issue that AMD has with Overwatch, but I find that issue will resolve after I spend a little time with the game open. Thank you!

The Patch completely broke the game for me as well. No repair nor reinstall will fix it, be it the game or the drivers. Until yesterday game was completely fine. Never had this issue before with any game or driver.

I believe Blizzard just messed it up. Gotta wait until they release a hotfix I guess…

4 Likes

That’s what it seems like, I’ll either fail to get pass the ‘finding server’ screen or get in only for a FEW moments before it crashes and kicks me out. Can’t get it to do much, and I did the same thing YOU did. Gotta love when the new things come out and not everything goes super smooth, lol.

1 Like

Same its broken!!! I even tryed the steam version and it crashed too.

1 Like

Didn’t work for me. It crashes with in a few minutes sometimes just opening the store page breaks it and crashes.

1 Like