Game crashes when trying to view History

My game freezes and stops responding whenever I try to go to my Carreer Profile > History tab. All other tabs work fine, but if I click on History the screen freezes and I get a pop up window saying “Overwatch Application not responding”. The music plays without any issue. This only started happening when I downloaded a new patch today, 2.1.0.2.106557.

Update, I checked it just now and it works just fine, displaying games and highlights and everything. Could it be it crashed because there was nothing to load (due to patch reset) but the game still tried to?

19 Likes

this happens to me too and idk what fixes it but it randomly fixes sometimes

2 Likes

It seems to crash if I try to view my carreer profile before playing any games that day, probably due to having no Today’s Top 5 to load yet? After I play at least one game and get at least one highlight, the profile loads fine even if I then delete that highlight. However if I then quit the game and try to view my profile again, it crashes.

So don’t view your History until you play a game or few and get at least one highlight.

2 Likes

This is still happening. Blizzard is unable to deliver a functional game

9 Likes

Two months later, I suddenly have the same issue. Seem to work again after one game, thanks for the tip. Is there any chance that Blizzard see this post so they fix it for good?

2 Likes

Still seems to be a problem and no solutions here.

2 Likes

Yep, closed the game window and partner client, Battlenet App, relaunched to same freeze a few different times. It also kicked me out and ‘lost connection to game server’ on another attempt. Going to play a game and see if that resets it. Smol Indie Company :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts. Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections. Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module. Run the Apple Hardware Test to make sure there are no physical problems with your hard drive.

2 Likes

This is still happening to me too. I have a habit of launching the game, queueing up for a game, then going to history to check what my win/loss record was last time I played and it just freezes the game. If I don’t force close it, it will eventually unfreeze and take me to the disconnected screen like another person here pointed out.

If I log back in I will actually still be in queue when I reconnect, so if you have this bug be careful as you may accidentally lose rank if you happened to find a game while your game was frozen and you can’t load in.

Only happens if clicked before playing a game.

6 Likes

Just had this happen too.

2 Likes

feb and i still have this issue O_o glad im not the only one

4 Likes

I’m seeing this today :frowning:

2 Likes

Devs see this? or no…

2 Likes

Still dealing with this in March 2023

4 Likes

Yep, it’s still there in April 2023.

The game froze on me mid-through watching a replay and then kept freezing/crashing when entering History.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Match History Page. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Still happening in June 2023. Completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

Its realy somewhat anoying and it seems like that it happens when I freshly starts the game.
Fix (not realy)
Here is what I found.
So when I let the game runing while its crashing and after a few minutes the game will recover it self and log me out of the game. After Login In again every thing seems to work fine after that. At least for me.

3 Likes

thx! this works for me, finally somewhat of a fix for this bug!

2 Likes

Still happening in August '23 :frowning:

2 Likes