Game crashed, and unable to rejoin my competitive match

I find it extremely frustrating how I’m forced to suffer a penalty for a games inability to let me rejoin a match. I was playing competitive team death-match, and my game crashes and I relaunch and I instantly lose a bunch of SR and have a ban on the game mode, all because there’s no way for me to rejoin the match! It’s even more annoying is that we would have probably won. I don’t know if this is a bug, but the game was halfway over and I seriously doubt it ended that fast. I think it’s just stupid how I have to win another 4 games just to get back up to the SR I was JUST at and I can’t even do that until the ban lifts off! I didn’t even do anything wrong. Crashes happen, bad internet happens, but why am I unable to rejoin the match! That’s something entirely out of my control!

This isn’t the first time this has happened, either. It may not a regular occurrence, but it happens enough to where I’ve come here out of frustration. I really just wish there is a way to not punish people who haven’t done anything wrong, and I wish there could be some sort of compensation for those who are wrongfully punished in the future. Bottom line is that this isn’t cool, and it’s annoying enough to where I’ve spent the time to actually write this…

All of these questions are answered by the staff at the top of this forum: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties

If you want to leave feedback on the system, you should do so in the General Forum where devs will see it.