Game constantly puts me in the wrong server

What’s up. I’m tired of this happening so I’m asking Blizz to take a look at setting us up with a better system.

I live in Australia (Perth), so I play on the “Americas” region. My internet is awful to begin with. What I don’t need is to be put in a server I don’t belong in, i.e. a server in America or Asia. No matter the circumstances, I would never in a million years wish to play on a server that puts me at 200+ms.

If the game can’t find me a match in a server where I will have better latency, I would like the game to tell me. Here are the suggestions I’ve come up with to fix this issue:

• Have the game show us what it’s found for us. If all it can find is a game where I will have 1000ms, I want to be able to say no thanks and go play a different game mode or game.
  • Give us better region selections. I’m sure this is an issue for people in other locations around the world, not just Aussies. Narrow down the servers so I can play with people closer to me.
  • Just don’t put me in matches where my latency is beyond playable. Either have the system determine this or let us set a maximum latency.

There are no servers in Australia or New Zealand.

So your best options are Asia or Americas.

Region IP Address
The Americas 24.105.30.129 (US West)
24.105.62.129 (US Central)
Brazil (Americas) 54.207.107.12
Europe 185.60.114.159
Korea 211.234.110.1
Taiwan 203.66.81.98

These are the IP addresses of the Overwatch servers. You can run a traceroute to figure out your best options and where any bottlenecks might be (possibly your home network and WiFi).

2 Likes

Mate I don’t see how this helps the problems described.

He’s saying find which place gives the best ping and play there

Blizzard likely doesn’t have australia servers because its probably not realistically worth them making one for the few people that would use it.

1 Like

Find which place gives the best ping… uh huh, I’ll just move there, thanks for the advice.

I’m not asking for Australia servers, I’m asking for a better system that makes sure I’m not put in American servers with Americans I should never play with, as my op clearly outlines.

No?
Play on that server from where you are now.

Last I checked I can’t choose which server I play on

Im pretty sure there is a singapore server, pse1. The list is either outdated or wrong.

I’m digging deep in my memory here but I believe there is a Australian sub server, but it’s very small so you cannot rely on getting put in it. this is why sometimes your ping will be pretty good but other times it is trash.

Don’t you change it in the game launcher?
Or are you on ps / xbox?

If so, you need to change a lot of things.

Oh heck, I selected the americas region and its putting me in american servers, what am i gonna do?

If thats an /s, I suggest you upgrade your knowledge.

I’m an Australian player and have always been put into 30ms+ pings when set to the ‘Americas’ region, As far as I know that how most everyone is Australia connects. I assume other comments about choosing from the server list is from players outside of Aus who don’t understand our usage, only their own - Comments like FunPoilce’s really only show that they have a limited understanding.

Over the last month I’ve started to be put into 200+ servers where all other players are in the US. One game everyone was speaking Spanish. There’s definitely some issue here I just played QP and was put in a 30ms server then played a comp game after and was put in a 200+ US server. From those results it’s likely not my ISP but Blizz.